Soviet battlefield conversion

Started by tanktastic43, January 28, 2009, 02:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanktastic43

I thought that this would be the right time to participate in a GB.
my build will be embarressingly simple and made from bits i've had in my spares box for a number of years.
the working title will be either, shermanski or shermovich?
as the name suggests it will be based on an old 72nd scale esci M4A1 (wrong type for lend lease i know, but being a whif, i hope i'll be granted a bit of 'builders license' as it were).
i will include a back story to go with it.

the downside at present being that my digital camera not working, so we'll see, (or not), how things go.

good luck to all.

TT43.

tanktastic43

A bit of a back story just to keep things moving along.

"Alright comrade Chief Mechanic Pakov, you have one minute. As you can see, I am a very busy man, as I am trying to win my own little piece of this war against the fascist dogs."

"Yes comrade Colonel, thank you comrade Colonel," said Pakov standing rigidly to attention.
"After many requests for spare parts and other equipment over the passed few months, and the failure to receive any, due to our speedy advance, amongst other reasons," Pakov saw the Colonels eye brow raise slightly as he scanned the map in front of him, "I have done as you suggested, and have 'made do' with all that is available to me and what can be salvaged."

The Colonel glanced up from the map he was studying, "And..?"

"And I have the result to show you. If acceptable, I can have several more similar vehicles ready within a matter of days comrade Colonel."

"Alright comrade Chief Mechanic, you have piqued my interest, because as you may have gathered, we need anything and everything that can move and shoot in order to drive back and destroy the fascists. Show me what you have..."

Pakov gave his best salute, or what he hoped was his best, then turned and led his Commanding Officer from the truck that was used as the Regimental HQ.

tanktastic43

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Weaver

Heh - nice idea!  :thumbsup:

I wonder who thought they were the better off: the crew with the two-man turret with the better gun on the Sherman chassis, or the crew with the thin and underarmed three-man turret?  :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

McGreig

Quote from: tanktastic43 on January 28, 2009, 02:41:14 AM
Esci M4A1 (wrong type for lend lease i know)
Maybe, but it still looks very convincing. Nice work :thumbsup: