RAF Dassualt Mirage 111

Started by bacofoil, January 31, 2009, 05:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

Quote from: bacofoil on January 31, 2009, 07:33:39 AM
so going to Modelkraft tommorow and see what I can find!!
Thanks again.
Dony forget to come see us on the What if? stand up on the 2nd floor...if you want bring that beastie along with you, im sure we can create a space for it...it deserves to be shown off.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Rafael

Precious!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

The detail on the canopy frames is really eye-catching!!!

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

pyro-manic

Absolutely stunning! Lovely finish, and 43 Sqn markings are pretty on anything. :wub:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Geoff

Scooterman

nev

Absolutely gorgeous!! :wub:

What did you use for the metallic finish?

And, not to be nit-picky, but would yellow trainer bands be used on a front line squadron?  (I'm wracking my depleted memory banks for an example)

Still looks gorgeous though! :wub:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

bacofoil

Wow what a response ! thank you.
To answer some questions,
The canopy outlines are nothing more than black tape (from the £1 shop) layed onto a steel ruler and cut to size.
I find it works well and gives any model that sharp look.

Yes I should have put Mirage III and not 111 !! Opps sorry for that lesson learnt.

Yes the R.R Avon engine was the one I had in mind.As maybe the Aussies might have used.

Paint was hand done.I used Revell 66 silver and Humbrol met 11 as top coat.

The yellow trainer bands ! Now I got my idea from the attached photos and a bit of a search online.An retired Squadron leader friend of mine reckons the Lightning Squadrons did use T4s with the bands for conversion work and carried the sqn markings whilst in use.I can only hope Ive got it right !!!
Any thanks for all comments and questions its now time to look at next project!!!
Baco

bacofoil

Heres the photos.
Didnt make M-Kraft but freind who did tells me TSR 2 s everywhere !!

John Howling Mouse

Wow, you are seriously talented.   :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Weaver

That's a lovely-looking model - well done!  :wub:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

van883

PR19_Kit

Meteor F8 squadrons had one or more T7s 'attached' as well, complete with yellow bands.

That scheme suits the Mirage III to a 'T', great thinking.

Now who does a decent Mirage III in 1/72? Please tell me there is something better than the geriatric (look who's talking...... :)) Airfix IIIC.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?