1:48 French Canadian #1 - FINISHED

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, February 01, 2009, 12:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Very nice !

As for CDN pilots, I looked thru a few book, and it seems that they've been wearing old school blue, green, and tan !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

When I went to the Cold Lake airshow I had bought a package for the weekend which included a supper in the hanger with the shows aircrew, I couldn't distinguish between Canadian, US or Brit aircrew unless I looked at the shoulder flag badge they had (the Germans too).  Don't know if that helps
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Yes it does ! - Thanks both

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on February 06, 2009, 03:19:42 AM
Total Bench time to date:- 1hr 51mins

Here's where I need help from the tame Cannucks..... guys, have you got any pics or links to CAF fast jet pilot clothing ?? Is it the usual olive green flight suit covered by olive green 'speed jeans' ??

Ian

Not quite that simple.  There's usually a Nomex blue flight suit under light olive green speedjeans and vest.  I've sent you a reference via your e-mail (Copyright prevents me from uploading here).
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Well Barry, you did it again, sort-of. Your pic arrived as a little red 'X' and simply refused to co-operate. Then, I read wot u rote and took a flyer with the instruction sheet from the Leading Edge sheet that started all this nonsense..... guess what, yep, it's got fantastic colour pics of Canadistani pilots in full flight gear clambering into their CF-18.... Brilliant

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Captain Canada

Hey, that's where I saw the pilots !

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

*Teaser*
It's got it's first coat of paint on !

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Total bench time to date:- 5hrs 37mins not incuding paint-drying time

First a coat of Xtracolour X135/FS15237 Dark Blue Grey:-

Then mask:-

Then Xtracolour X136/FS16375 Lt. Compass Grey

Scheme looks familiar, yes  :thumbsup: Tomorrow I'll spray the radome, fin cap and loadout in Humbrol 140/Dk. Gull Grey and that will be just about it. Was really surprised and delighted with the paint so far, not a single touch-up required and a finish so glossy I could shave in it ! - First time using Humbrol cellulose thinners with enamel paint..... HIGHLY recommended :thumbsup:

Thanks as ever for looking.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Zeke

It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Total bench time to date:- 10hrs 21mins

With Baby-Gatherer safely inprisoned in an escape-proof nursery for two-and-a-half hours per day, I've been able to really crack-on with this project. Yetserday I sprayed the fin-cap, radome and loadout, then hand painted the undercarriage bays, legs etc. I also broke-off and re-glued the intake chines about four times !!

Today I started decaling at 0905, broke-off to take Baby-Gatherer to aforementioned escape-proof nursery, then continued right up until 1230 when he became eligable for parole. I also broke-off and re-glued those d*mn chines another couple of times  :banghead: - there's no way the refueling probe is going on until the very last second !

Next will be a little weathering, just run a wash into the panel lines, nothing more, then I'll be waiting until Monday to (matt) varnish it, because according to the weather bulletin I just saw, it will be a whole lot warmer and therfore more condusive to spraying in the my paint shed. The LAST thing I want is to spoil an immaculate paint finish with an 'orange peel' final matt coat  :banghead:

Anyhoos here's the pics.....

Thanks for all the comments and response so far.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Brian da Basher

That last shot of the two tone maple leaf roundel is crackerjack! A real master stroke, Mr Hunter-Gatherer!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher