Beagle B.206 Turbo Terrier II -- Finished

Started by kitnut617, February 02, 2009, 08:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Looking good!

I just had another idea for a Beagle whiff as well - a EW variant done up a bit like a RC-12:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

kitnut617

Yeah, I think it would work like that too, cut-price EW variant
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

John Howling Mouse

Wowee wow-wow...   :wub:

For the clear bits' scratches, do you have a four-grit nail buffing sanding stick...the flexible kind with the firm foam inside?
That, followed by a couple of coats of Future and you'll never know you had to sand them down to fit.  I've taken down the molding seam line on
Tamiya F-16's like it was never there.

Man, this is gonna be super.

Don't forget that airbrush...    :wacko:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

kitnut617

Thanks for the tip Barry, I'll raid the wife's make-up draw and see what she has.  Mind you I've got some very fine grit sandpaper around somewhere, just got to figure out which box it's in. 

kitnut617

I've not forgotten this little guy, just been a bit busy with RW.

Anyway I think I'm ready to take the plunge and start applying paint, found all the air brush equipment so there's no excuses not to get going with it.  This will be a first as the only kits I've sprayed was my E-3D and Vulcan, both using rattle cans.

sotoolslinger

Dang that is a pretty AC :thumbsup: :wub:Really looking forward to paint :mellow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

John Howling Mouse

Yes, this is looking just right.  Now, don't let a nasty case of AMS stall you on this hot little babe, okay?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on February 28, 2009, 01:28:54 PM
Yes, this is looking just right.  Now, don't let a nasty case of AMS stall you on this hot little babe, okay?/quote]

Agree whole-heartedly, just take your time and practice a lot on something old and redundant first. Looking forward to the progress shots soon.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

BrittMac

Kitnut, that thing is fan-freaking-tastic.  Man, looking at all this gives me the serious itch...er....desire to find some kits to bash.  It seems the Pucara kit is a popular one to steal the engines from, and I see why. 

Don't worry about airbrushing.  The basic stuff, like a nice smooth single coat, is very very easy.  I did it on my first try, and I know you can as well.  But, still get an old model and make sure you have your pressures and such correct before spraying on this lovely machine you have made.
I am still a beginner at airbrushing, but if I can give you any pointers, feel free to ask.  Of course, if you know what you are doing then you can disregard my silly comments and feel free to give me advice!

All in all, I can't wait to see what is in store for this beastie.  Oh, I meant Beagle.   :thumbsup:

kitnut617

Thanks guys, I'll do just that (got an old Testors Skyray around which I can do practice on).

Brittmac, the engine conversion I have is the old M&E Models one for converting the Airfix Jetstream into an earlier T.1/2 but I've also used the Aeroclub replacement props.  I was going to use the other Aeroclub Astazou repacement set which includeds just one prop and one cowling front/intake but the set only comes with parts for one engine (which I didn't realize at the time).  But doing some careful measuring I found there's not any differences between the two conversions front ends so decided to stay with the complete M&E engines.

kitnut617

So after a rude RW interruption I finally got back to doing something with this.  A coat of primer went on which promptly got mostly removed with a session of wet&dry, after filling in some areas and a lot of PSR I found the flap hinges had mostly disappeared so I removed them completely, made some inner pylons which incorporate the outer flap hinges as these will be permanent pylons and then made some inner hinges.  While doing this I decided to enlarge the flaps (backstory will explain), then I drilled out the rear of the nacelles to add some small diameter tubing to represent some exhaust pipes.

I also decided to add bits and pieces like u/c doors and lumps and bumps now as these will all get the same camo, so now I'm ready to apply some paint ---- with the airbrush ---------  :blink:

kitnut617

apophenia

Well, this Turbo-Terrier looks meant to be!  :bow:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Not as much a What-If but a What-Should-Have-Been.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

kitnut617

I haven't quite got the hang of the air brush yet, I've just noticed I've a couple of runs.  I'll let the thing thoroughly dry before I try to rectify that.