Beagle B.206 Turbo Terrier II -- Finished

Started by kitnut617, February 02, 2009, 08:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Thanks Ron---

The tape all came off a couple of days ago but ------ I'm not too happy with it.  I've got to have a lot more practice with the airbrush I think ---

Now I'm busy trying to make it a bit more presentable.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

ChernayaAkula

What is it with all these "teaser" posts lately?  :huh: They seem to be all the rage!  :banghead:

;)

Looking forward to seeing the outcome!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

kitnut617

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on March 25, 2009, 05:44:42 PM
What is it with all these "teaser" posts lately?  :huh: They seem to be all the rage!  :banghead:

;)

Looking forward to seeing the outcome!  :thumbsup:

Not meant to be a tease, it's just not ready to be shown.  I spent a couple of hours today carefully sanding the paintwork as I got the paint way to thick in places, of course it's all where it's hard to get at and I don't want to do it all over again so I'm taking it slowly.

kitnut617

Sorry Ian, I lied ------  :rolleyes: 

I've done sanding, I think --- and this is with a coat of clear gloss but this isn't the finished look.

PR19_Kit

Strewth! Now that IS lo-vis for sure, especially low down in a field of long grass!  :lol:

Wherever vdid you get that idea from Robert, it's pretty awesome?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Not really sure where the idea came from Kit, it sort-of just developed.  The idea was to have the camo look like there was some old fallen down trees with new growth springing up amongst it and then when the aircraft was parked on a hacked out airstrip it would blend in --- sort-of  :lol:.  These photos aren't very good though so I hope once I get the finished look right I can take some nice photos of it.

Don't know if these make it look any better:

John Howling Mouse

She looks great from every angle, Robert.   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

kitnut617

ChernayaAkula

Wow! :o Seriously, 100% wow! :bow: Would look the part in a field in Africa in a patch of elephant grass.  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

kitnut617

JayBee

Right, other than the fact that this is a fantastic build. FANTASTIC.
Lets get serious:
1/ What is the purpose of the long faring underneeth.
2/ Why only one prop blade done with the black white pattern? You need all blades done with the correct pattern if you want the wobble effect at low rev. settings, otherwise it does not work.

Serious questions, honestly,

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

kitnut617

Thanks guys, I was hoping it would turn out okay! it being my first serious go with the airbrush.

Jim, it's not finished yet but the long fairing is a cannon pod, as for the one white/black blade, I've seen a photo of this but as usual I can't find it again, I did look at the scheme on the Tucano I've got and thought about duplicating it but my idea was all that was need is a faint hint of a pattern so not be too visible when seen from the front while flying.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Overkiller on March 28, 2009, 08:52:53 AM
I think you need to cut the grass on that airplane....  :wacko:

Duncan,

It's OK, there's a lawn mower supplied with every airframe, and part of the pre-flight checks are to give it a a quick run over to cut the grass to the right height for the upcoming mission...........  -_- :lol: ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

kitnut617

Decals are on and sealed, weapons & u/c are going on tonight so by the weekend should have some finished photos uploaded.