USAF F-7F Tigercat...Vietnam style!

Started by Zeke, February 02, 2009, 02:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeke

hello everyone...how've you all been?
I know I don't post much on here, mainly because I just don't get time to do any good "What the!" so I've just been lurrking for a while...and a fine lot of madly inventive stuff you've been coming up with I must say... :bow:

Anyway, I was getting a bit down in the doldrums doing all serious type stuff for too many people ... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:...so I decided to just stuff all that into the weeds and do something a little on the darker side of life....hope you like it.
It's a really old AMT/ERTL kit that's been kicking around for ages so I scrubbed it down and slapped on some new colours...

happy modelling chaps!
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

Rafael

Holy (%/$()=$&%, Zeke!!!

That's just awesomeness in pure, unadulterated form!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Begs for a background of blurry vegetation as this beast flies fast through the jungle hunting for Charlie!!!

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Taiidantomcat

That is gorgeous!!  :wub: So natural i couldn't figure out how it was a What-if at first, Great to have you here Zeke, welcome aboard!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Brian da Basher

That's really hot, Zeke and it's an intorduction hard to top! You've got the perfect combination of aircraft, scheme and conflict with this beauty!!!

Welcome to the asylum!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Jeffry Fontaine

What kit did you source your wing tip mounted fuel tanks from?  They look like they escaped from a Monogram P-61 Black Widow kit.  Nice work by the way, that camouflage scheme is sweet!
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Logan Hartke

That is HOT.  Put it in the COIN group build and give everyone else a run for their money.  Be pretty nice to win a group build with your first model on the forum, wouldn't it?

Logan Hartke

kitnut617

Now there's a damn fine model !!!!! whoa !!!  :bow:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Ed S

Nice one.  Well done and quite realistic.
:thumbsup:
Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

pyro-manic

Quote from: Logan Hartke on February 02, 2009, 03:32:02 PM
That is HOT.  Put it in the COIN group build and give everyone else a run for their money.

Damn straight! That's a completely convincing, utterly beautiful build, Zeke. :wub:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

tanktastic43

jorel62

Cobra

Very Cool!!!!!! This is a TOP NOTCH Model!!!!! Thanks for Posting & Don't be Afraid to Post More Cool Stuff!!! :mellow: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sequoiaranger

My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Daryl J.

Spectacular!   That just works.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Daryl J.

Weaver

That's a beautiful paint job and a really good concept: sort of mini-A26..... :wub: :wub: :wub:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones