USAF F-7F Tigercat...Vietnam style!

Started by Zeke, February 02, 2009, 02:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Zeke on February 03, 2009, 01:36:27 AM
Quote from: John Howling Mouse on February 02, 2009, 07:37:16 PM
Ahhhhh, heck.  I've been working on something way too similar for the COIN group build....how the heck am I gonna compete with that sort of paint-job, now?!?!   :banghead:

Sorry Mr.Howling Mouse sir...my apologies, didn't mean to steal your thunder...:(

Heh, that's what I get for keeping it a secret without posting any of the progress!   :thumbsup:  And mine does have turboprops and a T-Tail (naturally) but I seriously cannot paint as well as you do.  The moment anyone lays eyes on a Zeke original, they can't help but think "professional finish."   I'll have to come up with another markings scheme  :cheers:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

kitnut617

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on February 04, 2009, 06:22:25 AM
but I seriously cannot paint as well as you do. 

don't let him pull the wool over your eyes, I've seen JHM's work for real  -----  you will have lots of competition Zeke.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PACOPEPE

Congratulations. It´s simply beautiful. Great work! . :thumbsup:

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Zeke

Thanks for the kind words...:)
Just a quick update. A very talented chap called Bob Aikens e-mailed me a little while ago about using my shots of the Tigercat as a starting point for some Photoshop artistry and this is what he came up with...just stunning work by him and it captures exactly what I had in my minds eye when I was working on the camouflage...so a big THANKS to Bob and his mad computer skills... :bow: :thumbsup:

now, where'd I put that Beaufighter?...:P
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

JayBee

Awesome photo-manipulation.
I love the shadow in the third photo.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

ChernayaAkula

Whoa!  :o Awesome model and awesome presentation!  :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

bobbo

OH!  WOW!    :cheers: :cheers: :bow: :bow:
The pilot & backseater look like they're looking for targets . . .With a real serious desire to use that ordnance.

Bobbo

chrisonord

Zeke, that is one excellent COIN bird you have there, my favourite kind of plane!! :bow: :bow: :bow:
It has given me the nerve to convert a ww2 plane into a more modern turbo prop attack/COIN aircraft.
I will have to keep my eye open for one of those kits now.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Eddie M.

Outstanding work and presentation. Bravo Zulu!
Look behind you!

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ed S

WOW!  Those photo really set off the model.  Great job on both.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Zeke

Yeah, he's done a splendid job on the photo trickery. It was just about all I could do to get rid of the model stand in the original photo's, this kind of work is just all  majik mumbo-jumbo stuff to me!... :bow: :wub:
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!