USAF F-7F Tigercat...Vietnam style!

Started by Zeke, February 02, 2009, 02:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackOps

:wub: A real beauty! Some knockout paintwork you've done here.  :bow:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

Ahhhhh, heck.  I've been working on something way too similar for the COIN group build....how the heck am I gonna compete with that sort of paint-job, now?!?!   :banghead:

That is just staggeringly good!  Wow!   :wub:     :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Shasper

Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

noxioux

Delicious and Nutritious.  Beautiful!

I can only see one serious mistake with the whole thing.  It doesn't say "Marines" anywhere. . . :thumbsup:

jeff3385

Zeke,
This is by far the best build that you have submitted... er, wait, it's his FIRST build he's ever submitted? All I can say is welcome aboard. It is a spectacular model very well executed. Let's see some more of your work soon. You're going to have most of the regulars "green with envy". :bow: :thumbsup: :party: :cheers:
Jeff Briner
Past President
IPMS/USA

Zeke

Morning all and thanks for the kind copmments...:D
I just looove the Vietnam era colours and the old Tigercat was just sat there in boring old blue so I thought; 'what the heck?'

As for this being my first submission on here? 'fraid not oh whiffing type people, I've been in and out a couple of times before, just not for many month now...some of you may remember my other projects...

This was my FIRST post...

and yes, I know that this is just flagrant showing off, but sometimes you just have to, right?...:D
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

Zeke

Talking about the Tigercat though, the tip tanks were from an old Tamiya P-47N, the fin has been cut down and a new rudder added of squarer dimensions and the nose was altered by the addition of a new radome courtesy of???...I wonder if anyone can tell me? A PRIZE to anyone who can come up with the answer...:D...and yes, I mean it, a real live prize!!!... :thumbsup:
well, it's not actually alive you know, that's just be cruel sending live things thru' the post
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Mornin' Steve

Well that's simply superb, and I want you to know that in the very near future, I'll be coming-over-there to break your thumbs, you talented g*t, you.....

.....hugz :wub:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Zeke

Hi Ian...good to hear from you again...even it is is with threats... :lol:
My thumbs however are safe from your violence as I keep them in a small shiny box in the attic, where they can't get up to any mischief. Little devils.

Zeke

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on February 02, 2009, 07:37:16 PM
Ahhhhh, heck.  I've been working on something way too similar for the COIN group build....how the heck am I gonna compete with that sort of paint-job, now?!?!   :banghead:

Sorry Mr.Howling Mouse sir...my apologies, didn't mean to steal your thunder...:(

Dork the kit slayer

Nice concept,nice build,nice finish.....guess that ticks all the boxes? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

van883

As i said on Britmodeller-that is really fab!

Van

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Zeke

Mike Wren