P-39...Oh this is going to hurt!...FINISHED!...with back history as well.

Started by Zeke, February 06, 2009, 02:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeke

Ha ha...yes indeed it's going to be a jet...and it's something of a dilema at the moment as to whether or not it should be a turb-prop...can't really decide at the moment...never mind, plenty of time for that kind of butchery later on...:)
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

ElectrikBlue

Sauragnmon

I really don't think there's going to be a prop when he's done butching up this baby.  He's gutted the empennage, he's sliced the blades off the spinner, the way it looks screams jet conversion.  He's even removed the wings, perhaps he's going to sweep them a little for further jet conversion.

BTW - I love the narrative style.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Ed S

Looks interesting.  Recycling at it's finest.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Zeke

Daddy! That tickles...what are you doing?

I'm filing down your wing-tips of course...now jusat hold still a bit longer...

Hmmm...I may have to do a bit more parts removal...a quick...SNAP!

Ouch!

Sorry about that...bet you can't feel a thing now? And a bit more milliput to get rid of those pesky holes...

There, starting to take shape now.
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

nev

Quote from: Sauragnmon on February 07, 2009, 06:58:26 AM
BTW - I love the narrative style.

Personally I would have preffered a 2001 Hal-Dave style :p

Zeke. 

Zeke. 

What are you doing Zeke? 

Zeke?

I wouldn't advise that Zeke

*Zeke ignores the P-39 and continues with his Baztacular work*
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Just wait till he paints overall glossy sea blue - he's got loads left over after that Trumpy Bearcat  :wacko:

Ian

(did I mention you got the colour wrong on the fuselage band ?...... I didn't....... Oops, my bad !)
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

noxioux

Ouch!  I'm just finishing one of these OOB, and this is breaking my heart :blink:

Zeke

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on February 08, 2009, 09:38:46 AM
Just wait till he paints overall glossy sea blue - he's got loads left over after that Trumpy Bearcat  :wacko:

Ian

(did I mention you got the colour wrong on the fuselage band ?...... I didn't....... Oops, my bad !)

Ian, after that Bearcat I'm never touching Glossy Sea Blue again!...:D
As for the fuselage band...didn't you realise it was a 'What-if?'...I dunno, there's no pleasing some people...:P

(how's the filler going?)

anyway...back to the Butchery...ahem...I mean, careful and well thought out surgery...

Now then Little P-39...here are some of the bits that I'm going to graft onto you...whaddya think?

Daddy, I think you've gone a little bit mad...you're scaring me now...whimper...

Oh now there's nothing to be frightened of...just a bit of filler to help things along...

Eeeew that's all wet and squidgy!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

What the F_ _ _  :o, you just don't do subtle, do ya, Steve ! - So you wanna come up to Formby and finsih that A-J for me ?

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Zeke

What you on about?...Subtle is my middle name!...:D

I did a bit more this afternoon, so I'll drop the naff commentary (no, Daddy please...) and just show you the images...and no B787...it ain't no racer...;D

Jet pipe modifications in place...

and  suitably sliced and diced drop tank will do for the intakes...

B777LR

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

sotoolslinger

That's some gooooood plastic slashin right there :wub: :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland