Your Chance to sway the 2009 Whiffies.

Started by philp, February 06, 2009, 06:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

And lo, the great and mighty god Puddingerius didst descend from mount San Torta and spake thus on the subject of whiffies for 2009 (showing off his HTML abilites as he did so by making the images links no less!):

Messers BlackOps, BlackOps and BlackOps (coyote impressionists to the gentry) for thier SU-47 (which at time of nomage is not completed but must be nomed anyway! And not in the LOLcat sense of the word 'Nom')

His Cigar Smoking Eminence, Tuck, for his Arado AR 500 HOG

The noble sir Kit of Basher, for his Sovietized Lightning known as fubar

Commerade Harps, hero of the soviet union, for his Farrier P

Herr Brian Vonn Der Basher for his Bayleen Walloped Walrus

Others will follow, time permitting. And some of these may have been nom'ed afore, yet I didst not backtrack thru the thread to ascertain this fact. :thumbsup:
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Logan Hartke

Most Improved nomination:

Damian

Cheers,

Logan

nev

In the most helpful member category I would like to nominate the Evil Kitfinder General himself, Thorvic.

Firstly because he has done more than anyone on here to increase model stashes worldwide!  At the merest hint of intrest in a particular kit he will either A:  Send you one from his stash, pay him later B:  Search around the world online to find you one C:  Go treasure hunting at a show to find said kit

Secondly, is his wealth of knowledge on British SPs, and naval subjects, freely shared with one and all.

Thirdly, he is the leading apostle of scratchbuilding - encouraging and teaching others to go where they dare not.  I fully expect to see his first book published soon "The Art of Kitbash" by Sun Thorvic.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

nev

Prompted by Phil, I'm going to nominate a couple of folks for most improved whiffer.

Firstly Mossie.  Last year he was bemoaning his inability to finish a model.  Now, he's churning out podium finishers, in a week

Secondly, Overkiller.  Dunc's always been a man full of great ideas, but under the tutelage of Sun Thorvic, he's now producing kitbashes like this

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Prompted by discussion elsewhere, I'd like to nominate both Nev and Mossie as the most improved modellers of this year....... Take a look at Nev's superb JMSDF Osprey and the sheer work that Simon is putting into his Sukhoi T-4MS.

Outstanding, simply outstanding, the pair of them.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

philp

More Most Improved (in an effort to keep the category), this time, some of our illustrious Profilers.
BadersBusCompany
Glanini
Damian

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Stargazer

I hope this is the right procedure to vote for the Whiffies...

Well, I would like to vote for:

* nev in the "Best Alternate Markings" category - for his original USMC Sepecat Jaguar...
* LemonJello in the "Best Camouflage" category - for his geometrical camo on an A-10 Warthog...
* Bungle in the "Best Kitbash" category - for his remarkable BAe 1139 "Sea Fury II" variant of the Fairchild A-10...
* KiwiZac in the "Best Scratchbuild" category - for his amazingly diminutive Fletcher...
* chrisonord in the "Best Aircraft - Propeller powered" category - for his A-47 Pantera...
* bacofoil in the "Best Aircraft - Jet powered" category - for his Northrop/Vought Peregrine...
* Keith Diamond in the "Best Helicopter" category - for his FUH-1C armed Huey...
* Logan Hartke in the "Best Profiler" category - for his outstanding work on the Martin Panther and especially the incredibly realistic Vought Viking...
* lark in the "Most Helpful Member" category - for sending me stuff through the post...

Thanks!

philp

This works but if you could edit it to add links to the different builds it will make it much easier on us when we set up the votes.

Thanks,
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Logan Hartke

Well, for the Best Fictional Country category, "Geriatria" has become wildly popular with forum-members over since it started 3 weeks ago.  It's the longest thread in the AH board started this year and one of the longest in AH board history (5th longest at the moment, I believe).

It's great because the rules are pretty well-defined, but everyone can tailor the country to suit their likes/dislikes.

Cheers,

Logan

Stargazer

Quote from: philp on October 25, 2009, 07:40:48 PM
This works but if you could edit it to add links to the different builds it will make it much easier on us when we set up the votes.

Thanks,

Done that!  :thumbsup:

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

philp

A Best Armor, Kitbash and Camo contender, buzzbomb's Urban Combat Abrams M1A8.

Build link:
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,26318.0.html
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Bungle

Quote from: Stargazer2006 on October 25, 2009, 05:22:56 PM

* Bungle in the "Best Kitbash" category - for his remarkable BAe 1139 "Sea Fury II" variant of the Fairchild A-10...

Blimey ! Praise indeed, my thanks to Stargazer2006 for his nomination (personally I think my 'Bosscat' http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,25239.0.html was my years best work). Of course I realise everyone has there own particular likes and dislikes, I for one, found that most of my choices turned out to be aircraft in RAF/FAA guise  - is that a form of modelling racism ?

I have been pondering what I'd like to nominate as well and the list is huge ! So much talent and then what category should they go in. In the end I have nominated a few though I am not sure I am done yet....

Best Backstory..... John Howling Mouse's  Gloster "Meteor" Derivative] http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,24526.0.html and a damn fine model as well.

Best Propellor Aircraft...... The Wooksta's  Avro Alston B.1 http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,23413.0.html

Best Jet....... kitbasher's    Armstrong-Whitworth Manta NF2 http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,21076.15.html Either this or JHM's Meteor.

Best Camouflage....G.Marcat's A F-104 with a Rocket Booster http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,23257.0.html That's the Israeli version - just goes to show how you can turn something so ugly into something so beautiful with a lick of paint. Wonder what the wife would look like in camouflage make-up ?

I would also like to recommend Modelling_Mushi's  Hawker NF1 Penguin http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,25446.0.html as 'Ugly but strangely beautiful'  category (if there was one) and General Melchet  P1083 'super Hunter' as the best paint job without camouflage http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,23540.0.html.

Be warned there may be more. I change my mind more often than my underwear (at least twice a week).

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

JayBee

Bungle you have lived up to your name, the Manta is not mine. Wish it was though.

JayBee
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

philp

Quote from: JayBee on October 28, 2009, 10:22:55 AM
Bungle you have lived up to your name, the Manta is not mine. Wish it was though.

JayBee

I fixed it.
Keep em coming all, and don't limit yourself to just one per category, the poll holds 50+.
Oh, and self nominations always work (only way I will get in here if I can finish a kit this year).
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies