A Henschel Hs 129 T (Träger),
as submarine hunter.
For the Italian aircraftcarrier Aquila  ;D

Hotte

Hotte

Here are the finished wings.

Hotte

kitnut617

Interesting conversion Hotte!  I've always liked the look of this little aircraft but this puts it into a different light altogether.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

cthulhu77

sequoiaranger

Good concept, Hotte!

British subs devastated Italian shipping in the Med, and the cannons of the Hs-129 would make a colander out of a sub....**IF** the plane could get there in time. 'Course, I suppose you will have light bombs or depth charges in addition.

The pic of the fuselage was very dark. I hope you don't mind that I lightened it up a bit to re-post here!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

BlackOps

This is a cool project! Really like the look and the idea  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Hotte

Quote from: sequoiaranger on February 07, 2009, 09:22:48 AM
Good concept, Hotte!

British subs devastated Italian shipping in the Med, and the cannons of the Hs-129 would make a colander out of a sub....**IF** the plane could get there in time. 'Course, I suppose you will have light bombs or depth charges in addition.

The pic of the fuselage was very dark. I hope you don't mind that I lightened it up a bit to re-post here!

Sorry for the dark pictures !
The Henschel is armed with eight 50 kg of bombs to submarine fight,
in addition their normal armament in the nose.

Hotte

Jostein

Or maybe You would build a Hs 129S (siluranti) version, with aerial torpedo?

GTX

At first I thought it was going to be a turboprop Hs129, but this is ...wow!!!!  Can't wait to see the result.

Re armament, something like the SG113 could be interesting too:

regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Sauragnmon

I always loved the Hs-129.  Of course, the 129B-3 and other such planes are what gave birth to the infamous A-10.

I wonder, what kind of beefed up radials could you give that monster to deal with the "slower than a pregnant yak" problem?

Random ramblings - Carrier Hs-129 sounds like an awesome idea, looking forward to the final production!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Hotte

Quote from: GTX on February 07, 2009, 12:03:46 PM
At first I thought it was going to be a turboprop Hs129, but this is ...wow!!!!  Can't wait to see the result.

Re armament, something like the SG113 could be interesting too:

regards,

Greg

The antenna under nose is also my plan.
The SG 113 armament would be interesting also for submarine fight.

http://hyperscale.com/features/2002/hs129bir_1.htm

Hotte

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

noxioux

First time I ever saw one of those.  But that's pretty neat :thumbsup:.  Is it a derivative of the TA-154, or vice versa, or not at all?

Sauragnmon

not at all, Nox - the Henschel 129 was never even graced by Kurt Tank.  It's a mean twin engined ground attack plane... it wasn't very fast, nor was it very agile, but trust me, the later versions, when they hit, you felt it.  The recoilless rifles design is one concept, the other being the Hs-129B-3, the pinnacle, where they mounted an auto-loaded 12-round feed 75mm Tank gun from a Panzer IV, the BK-7.5, more than capable of breaking the roof armour on any tank in service during the war.  The speed of the plane is what led to Ju-88's being converted into the same role with the BK-7.5, the Ju-88 in this role being given the designation P, for Panzerknacker, or Tank Cracker, which is the nickname the 129B-3 picked up in service.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.