Do you like this?

Started by ysi_maniac, February 07, 2009, 10:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOG

Hoyhoy`Al

As an aside and I do hope I`m not interupting anyone, Cthulhu whats it like, any chance of posting some sprue shots. When I go to the HLJ  home site I don`t get no pictures.
Cheerz G
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

jcf

Quote from: HOG on February 24, 2009, 01:39:11 PM
Hoyhoy`Al

As an aside and I do hope I`m not interupting anyone, Cthulhu whats it like, any chance of posting some sprue shots. When I go to the HLJ  home site I don`t get no pictures.
Cheerz G

Good stuff on this blog:
http://www.raygunx.com/crazy-gundam-tank-model-kit-from-bandai/

Sprues etc here:
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10081018

Jon

PanzerWulff

SCORE!!!! I got my hands on one off E-bay for $65 US and shipping was a mere $10 (i added 3 bucks insurance as well) I saw a couple others there about the same price :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Good Hunting
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

cthulhu77

I don't know when Scott is going to post the preview on MM, but I have to tell you, I am seriously impressed with this model. The only drawback is not having aluminium barrels.

HOG

Quote from: Mossie on February 08, 2009, 07:59:24 AM
There's more in the range too, some good looking stuff.  I'm thinking of HOG when I look at these, especially the two troop sets with wrecked robot/mech parts....
http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?Scale=0&MacroType=All&SeriTxt1=hard%20graph&Maker1=BAN&Dis=-2&GenreCode=All

I Mossie, I missed this the first time round and its nice to know your thinking of me. Well your`ve missed me birthday but christmas is coming.....................................  ;D ;D ;D
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Mossie

Well, Santa has a big sack so you never know what he might deposit in your stocking! :o
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

cthulhu77

Those of you in the gundam universe, can you tell me if this is somewhat correct? :

"History:   Earth. The Future. The human race has spread out to the moon and orbiting colonies, where the poorer classes can actually land-hold. Back on Terra, the rich get richer with the massive amounts of trade goods flooding in from these successful groups.
The rather empirical Earth Force does not like the idea of different colonies splintering off and forming their own unions, and tries to stamp out a few rebellions, unsuccessfully.  Some of the new federations bond together and actually begin to win back parts of the fed universe in a series of hit and run wars, resulting in a massive death toll for both combatants and civilians.
Tanks, of course, are part of the ground conflicts, and the Type 61, with it's twin 150mm barrels, packs one heck of a punch. Used en-masse, they are almost unbeatable, for the moment. Soon, the newest Mobile Suits will be stalking them, and they will become extinct as the war becomes one of whose technology is better, rather than who has the biggest guns."

cthulhu77

PanzerWulff

A bit Simplified but thats pretty much the gist of it at least for the core Universal century background ( Mobile suit gundam,gundam 0080 & 0083 ,08Th MS team,Zeta Gundam,gundam double Zeta and ending with the movie Char's Counterattack) there were more than a few spinoff "Alternate universe" gundam sieries as well ( Gundam seed,Wing gundam,gundamXX,G Gundam (that one was LAME) Victory gundam and a couple others)
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

cthulhu77

Yeah, the story line is as complicated as a pile of dumped intestines over gravel.

Ed S

uuuuggggghhhhh....  That is a mental picture I really didn't need.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

cthulhu77

I can send you photos if you want.

pyro-manic

:lol:

Victory Gundam is actually part of the UC timeline, but is set much later (The first series is UC0079, Char's Counterattack is UC0093, and Victory Gundam is UC0153 if I remember correctly), and concerns different groups (the Federation is still around, but Zeon is long gone).

But that's about the size of it. Zeon (colonies) want independence, the Earth Federation says no. So Zeon rebels, and a huge mess ensues.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

cthulhu77

ChernayaAkula

Thanks for the review! :thumbsup:

The voices in my head are still battling.  :rolleyes: Great, impressive kit vs lotsa money.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?