Mossie FIGHTER

Started by John Howling Mouse, February 07, 2009, 01:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Give it a nice coat of Polly Scale Reefer White and those blemishes will disappear my friend.

I give you a lot of credit, Mr Howling Mouse. Usually I throw in the PSR towel after the third session and call it good.
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

kitnut617

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on April 10, 2009, 01:25:04 PM
Well, I sanded down the Revell Plasto Putty.  It's, um, weird.  A bit grainy, I found it nearly turned into an elastomer sort of thing when wet-sanded.  Almost like the mastic you use around a sink drain.  It also coated my sanding sticks until they ended up with some sort of ceramic finish.

That's strange Barry, I've not experienced anything like that when I used it except when I hadn't left it long enough to dry one time.  I've noticed that if large amounts are used to fill in spaces it does take a while to dry solid.  I'd agree with the plugging up of sanding sticks though, but my solution for that it having a small piece of old carpet and using it to clear the sticks/files
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

John Howling Mouse

Actually, it turned out not too bad (just took 79 coats of white primer).  There are still two flaws unrelated to the canopy but I'm willing to call them panel-line dents.

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

sotoolslinger

Well that turned out beautifully Barry :wub: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: Can't wait for the paint :party:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

philp

Ah, Soviet Winter camo.  Are you going to add the red wing tips? :wacko:
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: philp on April 11, 2009, 05:12:21 PM
Ah, Soviet Winter camo.  Are you going to add the red wing tips? :wacko:

Y o u ' l l   s e e . . .

Allan

Hi Baz,
Trying to guess what color scheme you'll choose for this bird and the suspense is killing me!!
Allan in Canberra

John Howling Mouse

And now, a word from our sponsors on "How to be not-brilliant"

Well, here's something you seldom see clever people do: using yellow (Tamiya) masking tape on a yellow subject.   :banghead:

And, compounding the fun is that I have brand new prescription in my glasses---I'm about 2 years or less away from requiring bi-focals.  Sigh.  Have to hold the model a full foot away from my face now.

Sauragnmon

Sweet Jesus, Baz, you masked a good 90% of the plane.  It took me getting close to the screen and taking a real good look before I realized the so bloody subtle difference between the yellow paint and the yellow tape.  You left the upper fuselage, the wing and tail tips bare, and maybe a few other places?  At least when you peel she should come off rather clean with a sheeting coat like that.  I guess you'll peel by feel in this case?
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Sauragnmon on April 30, 2009, 04:58:23 PM
Sweet Jesus, Baz, you masked a good 90% of the plane.  It took me getting close to the screen and taking a real good look before I realized the so bloody subtle difference between the yellow paint and the yellow tape.  You left the upper fuselage, the wing and tail tips bare, and maybe a few other places?  At least when you peel she should come off rather clean with a sheeting coat like that.  I guess you'll peel by feel in this case?

Yep, 90% sounds about right.

What's this about peeling it off-----aw, man----I completely forgot about that part!   :banghead:

BlackOps

You should call it "Lemon Meringue" and put a hottie on there for nose art  ;D   For a blind guy you sure build a mean model!  :wacko:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Mossie

A new class of whiff, mixing B-Movie horror & aviation, the Mummy Fighter!!!  Dracula, Wolf-Man & Zombie next then....?!?!?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.