Mossie FIGHTER

Started by John Howling Mouse, February 07, 2009, 01:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daryl J.

philp

Already making a bid for the 2009 Whiffie?

Looking forward to this one and your future projects for this year.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Rafael

Micro-Mossie?

That's an awesome idea, and an awesome build, Baz!!!

I like the twin wingspars approach, makes it easier  :wacko: to align the &()&%$ things on. and the bubbletop canopy is just...beautiful!. The vertical surface is a dream. That will she be carrying, weapons-wise?. Will she use drop-tanks, seeing that she's so small?

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Eddie M.

Class is in and the Professor is at work! ;D
Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

Work like this makes me feel like a kid playing with little plastic toys.

You never fail to show us how it's done or the incredible depth of your talent and skill, Mr Howling Mouse!
:bow: :bow:
Brian da Basher

BlackOps

Almost looks german which is odd considering the source materials. Looks very cool, glad to see you back at the bench Barry :)
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Sisko

Your builds are always an inspiration, and your step by step posts give me lots of scratchbuilding tips.

For this I thankyou.  :thumbsup:

A great concept brilliantly excecuted! :bow:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

comrade harps

For some reason (wings, I think), I keep seeing this with red stars, something Soviet vs the Nazis in the Great War Against Facism (or whatever it was called).

Waiting to see how it turns out.
Whatever.

jcf

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on March 01, 2009, 12:12:13 PM
The fuselage has been brought together and I shaped a piece of Forex for the top of the nose (won't be doing that again!). 
What was the problem with the Forex? I quite like working with Sintra (same stuff-different brand name).

Your little fighter reminds me a bit of the DH 93 Don.

Jon

John Howling Mouse

Thanks guys.  I agree, it could be German, Italian, Russian....Japanese.

It's so small, I'm considering not arming it at all.  Yellow air racer, maybe?  Or an observation/recon aircraft?

Jon, the Forex was a gift sample from Wolfik (thanks, Peter!) but I found it did not reduce nearly as easily as resin or laminated styrene.  And it became very fuzzy with filing: all sorts of fibres hanging on.  I've got some Sintra that I bought: will try that on a future project.  For this one, I should have stuck with the Aves Apoxie Sculpt for ease of shaping.

:cheers:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Brian da Basher on March 01, 2009, 04:44:47 PM
'makes me feel like a kid playing with little plastic toys.

..... I'm sure that it does, but where 'you gonna find one at this time of night ?  :mellow:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

John Howling Mouse

Like it or not, it was time to hit the Mossie fighter with Aves Apoxie Sculpt (2-part epoxy putty; pretty much identical to Milliput or plumbers putty).  The first time I used this stuff was on my recent pair of Superbolts and I figured I had ruined both of them.  But then the Aves putty suprised me by sanding down like magic, leaving a flawless finish even though my initial application was quite rough.  So, I'm seriously hoping to get just as lucky this time.  Plus, I used some heavy applications of Aves on another project at the same time this afternoon (I haven't shared this one with you yet as I'm not sure it will turn out!).  Here's hoping for a good finish in a couple of days when I can sand this all down!

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

sotoolslinger

Dang that is a beautiful shaped plane :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Mossie

Nice going so far Baz!  I can't decide if it's got anhedral, dihedral, or neither on the tail.  I think the forward swept trailing edged kind of tricks the eye.

Either that or I should get myself another :drink:!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.