Finishing a P-38 thirty years later, as a glider

Started by Tophe, February 08, 2009, 05:42:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

;D It's funny Stargazer, we are talking half as JMNs, very severe  >:( about the precise credibility of a code hypothesis... for an unreal model :lol:
So let me be severe >:( too: OK you rejected PG-38, with a score 0-1 against me, but: counter-attack, this CANNOT be (in our "JMN+" world) LO-1, this must be (or "must would be", how to say that in English? I am French like you ;D ) L1 O-1, and don't pretend the first Grumman Fighter was FF-1 and not F1F-1, the score is 1-1, and 1-2 against you as the score is doubled when it occurs when the rain falls (new rules, yes, up to date, and it is raining right now, not here but somewhere on this planet) the ball is on the medium circle, I will win the match. If you score again, I will talk about rivet counting (I do know the count and you do not, at all!), be afraid, the threat is there above your head >:( ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Stargazer

Good grief... The poor guy's mind went "boom"... (or probably "twin-boom" in his case...) ;D

Tophe

>:( Now, stop playing around, let me go back to hard work and finish this 1/32 model I started in 1979, 31 years ago... >:(

Tophe

I do, I do, I do... (sanding, puty, sanding...) >:(
The counter has reached 31 years now (since 1979...), but I hope I will finish it before October (2010 yes!) :smiley: decreasing my perfection requirements as much as possible... :wacko: :banghead:

Tophe

I have not yet finished the sanding, but I thought there would be putty and sanding too for the booms attachment, so I have glued the booms on.
AND... the fins are too distant for the tailplane to join them as T-tail like I wanted. How do you say in English? Gosh!?
Well, I am going to draw even better solutions, "take every problem as an opportunity to do better" they say...

Tophe

Due to the T-tail forced cancellation, I see 3 new possibilities.
I have a strong preference for B, and you?

John Howling Mouse

It's bad luck to cancel a T-Tail, mon ami.  Do you need a replacement part worked out?  You could send me the existing part, advise the exact width in MM between the tailfins and I could cobble something together for you.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Tophe

Well, somehow, it is... different. The LO-1 first proposal was not completely T-tail but TT (Greek Pi?) or in French we say "empennage-tabouret" (stool-tail? but related to chairs not to toilets...), and the B-proposal above is no more "TT", not "T", but "!T", is it so insulting the "T-tail" family?
No need for you to work on it, Barry, thanks a lot for the proposal, but I see 3 other possibilities:
a) build the B-proposal above
b) improve it with rounded tailplane tips
c) do myself a TT tail in cardboard, without flaps, just for balance

Tophe

Tophe

Quote from: B777LR on August 14, 2006, 11:02:26 PM
Try do it single boom and T-tail  :wub: 
Quote from: elmayerle on August 18, 2006, 10:32:40 AM
Fair the front end of the radiator housings into the booms with putty and leave the back open for the smoke generators.
Quote from: B777LR on August 24, 2006, 06:12:19 AM
How about white with red lines, like a real glider?
Those 2006 words have now taken shape. I still have the canopy to paint and red lines decals to apply, and it will be done, at last...

Tophe

I am happy to announce you that my dear daughter LO-1Bb (Baby Lightning glider) has been born today, after 31 years of pregnancy...

Tophe

A single day after birth, the little girl is already standing on the wall! With her "1/32" family, yes. Her smoke spreaders are not yet working, she is just a child. But she raises proudly her "T !" tail...

John Howling Mouse

And another asymmetrical wonder is born....good job, Tophe!!   :cheers:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

buzzbomb

Tophe

Quote from: buzzbomb on August 29, 2010, 05:58:45 PM
Kinky !!
Buzz, I am not speaking so fluently to understand colloquial words, not mentioned at school (foreign language course)... So I had to ask the Web translator.
Yahoo Babel Fish told me kinky is for the French "crépu" (crisp)?! I asked Google translation, and it told me this is either "ondulé" (undulated)?! or "coquin" (rascal)?! or "bizarre" (odd) or "excentrique" (eccentric), OK, funny thanks!