Focke Wulf 802 ... my first secret project here in forum

Started by Optimist, February 08, 2009, 09:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Optimist

Hello Guys!

First to introduce myself!

My name is Hansjoerg and I'm a fanatic (RC) modeller from Southern  Germany!

Since 2002 when I started with this nice hobby, I did several foam and wood builts.
Until now I did't put my models on that high level of detail
like your little gems are ... and as I'm mainly a builder by heart, my piloting skills aren't that great.
So it wouldn't be a good thing to spend too much effort into details until the crash!!

As I found this forum I would like to introduce my current project to you !
The plane is about the Focke Wulf 802 prototype from 1941/42 - the single seater version with the BMW 802 engine. Wingspan is about 1Meter what means 1:12.5 scale and empty weight of the parts you see is about 190 gram .

...some pics to follow....

A first proposal from the week before

Status  quo of Tuesday last week!

And here is the raw parts assembly of today afternoon...

C&C is much appreciated!

Thanks  Hansjoerg

van883

sequoiaranger

Welcome to whiffing.

What powers it? Looks almost like a jet, but there is no "outlet"?
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

B777LR

Quote from: sequoiaranger on February 08, 2009, 10:54:29 AM
Welcome to whiffing.

What powers it? Looks almost like a jet, but there is no "outlet"?

I believe the prop is fitted to the front "ring" that goes around the intake...

Eddie M.

Welcome to the Forum!! It looks very sleek and fast. I'm look forward to seeing more of this project. ;D
Look behind you!

Optimist

Intake and Ring - both belong to the spinner!

There were two variants of this bird..

http://www.luft46.com/fw/fwbmw802.html

Originally powered by a BMW 802 or BMW 8011 engine ( the intake is for the supercharger - I guess)

Here is another version I created before

For the CR prop system is much less efficient than a single prop system of the same weight ( I use 80 gram E- BLDC Motors to drive her ... ), I changed to the BMW802 variant  this time ...

Exhausts are at the sides as similar done at the FW190.

@Eddie ... That is what I hope for .. The airfoil is a MH32 by Martin Hepperle ... to work above @ 150000 Re. I just built a He100 with this foil in the same size ... and she is funny and fast!!!

Hansjoerg

Eddie M.

Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

Wow  :wub: Some of the best foam carving ever :thumbsup: Rafa should be loving this :party:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Optimist

It is not carved ... It is Depron ... 6mm completely hollow, light and rigid!!

Like this

or this

or this

But the first one is hot wire cut from 30kg/m^3 EPP like this one 

or that one

Have a good night!!!

Hansjoerg

Mossie

Nice work Optimist!  Great to see flying models, we don't see many on this site.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

deathjester

Quote from: Mossie on February 08, 2009, 04:06:13 PM
Nice work Optimist!  Great to see flying models, we don't see many on this site.
How about that for a group build idea - any model you like, as long as it can actually fly!

BlackOps

Hansjoerg, very cool looking plane. I flew my RC Supercub today. Had a bit of a mishap and snapped the tail off in a crash  :banghead: Good thing about foam aircraft is they are easy to repair  :thumbsup:

Here's a pic of my supercub.

Is all of your painting freehand? I haven't figured out how to mask it without pulling paint back off the foam.

Look forward to seeing more of your work!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Optimist

As the Dora and the LaGG3 were designed for 2 workshops I organized here in Germany ( Operation Bastelbogen I & II)
Online Operation Bastelbogen III is currently running in German Warbird Forum....
I prepared the plans of the Dora for share... so a group built wouldn't be that problem ... The LaGG was CNC cut - so  I have just and only machine dependent data ... but as I'm rather new to this forum ... perhaps this could still wait a bit!
Nice little Cub ... about the paintjob ...i brush fre hand but I mostly use loose masks ... disrupted paper for the Splitter Cammo and overhead films for the decals. Acetate film just works with very smooth and clean surfaces ... I alternatively use Tesa Clear Duct Tape for some things print with the Inkjet on a overhead film for Laserprinter
stick Tesa on print pull back tesa .... the ink is transferred ... stick Tesa to fuse and cut carefully on the fuse .. rework masking and brush.....

An my web site ( German language)  there is a tutorial about the Depron built of a Turboraven (English language)

-> http://www.modellbauwahn.de -> "Akt.Projekte" -> "Einige Depronmodelle mit Plan und Video" -> Modell Turboraven

Until later!

Hansjoerg

@ Mossie... I have somethig for you.... a video of  my mini Mossie ( but I have several others ... He219.. Me262.. Ju 52.. N25.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr03vri2ryQ

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.