Original Alt. Luftwaffe GB discussion thread

Started by Sisko, February 10, 2009, 11:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

And ... what about Alternate Lufthansa? :thumbsup:
Please.
Will die without understanding this world.

Mossie

For inspiration.  Built it in the 1 Week GB to fit in with the Fatherland universe.  More here:
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,25174.0/highlight,stachelrochen.html

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

nev

Quote from: ysi_maniac on September 30, 2009, 05:23:35 AM
And ... what about Alternate Lufthansa? :thumbsup:
Please.

You could do a Lufthansa transport as a "falsie" like all those Il-76s in "airline" service, so beloved by dictators all around the world.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ysi_maniac

^^^^^^
Good idea !  :thumbsup:

I was thinking: what if Valkyrie worked?
New german gov reaches a quick but disadvantageous agreement with allies. The agreement with Soviets must open a debate in Alternative History forum. In this scenario is, IMO, quite plausible that Lufthansa takes lots of old bombers and modify them (crudely maybe) to enlist them as airliners. Cheaper than buying "state of the art" US airliners. :thumbsup:

Would this be admissible?

sequoiaranger

Wow! Somehow I missed this one earlier. VERY nice work, Mossie!

I was just thinking, as far as the "pinstriping" went (and I think that would have looked WAY cool!), if you had one of those super-flexible rulers that bend and curve to any shape, you could have made a congruent curve of the black, then taken a red permanent pen (in the States are "Sharpies" that come in pen-size as well as the more traditional "crayon" size) and drawn the pinstripe on clear decal paper (until you got a nice, clean, curved line you liked) and applied it.

Maybe next time!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

ysi_maniac

^^^^^
You probably misplaced this post :unsure: :wacko:

puddingwrestler

I don't think I'd be up to this myself (don't think I want to scratch build the whole plane, and I doubt there are any kits of it), but what about the Weihnachten-Kugel? Remember how Dr. Christmas claimed that he'd been offered huge sums of money to rebuild the Luftwaffe to convince the US army to buy his Christmas Bullet fighter concept? Well, what if it was true...?
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Spey_Phantom

BUMP.

inspiration has just hit me again.  :banghead:
think, an Airbus A380 bomber, with a glass nose, slightly forward swept wings, driven by 12 BMW radial engines with tandem props. (like the brabazon prototype  :rolleyes:)
i would call it "Die WeltBomber" (worldbomber)

i dont have a drawing for it yet, but its scary just thinking of it, might even make a good flying carrier with parasite fighters in the bombbay  :o  :blink:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

B777LR

Quote from: Nils on February 02, 2010, 05:20:30 AM
BUMP.

inspiration has just hit me again.  :banghead:
think, an Airbus A380 bomber, with a glass nose, slightly forward swept wings, driven by 12 BMW radial engines with tandem props. (like the brabazon prototype  :rolleyes:)
i would call it "Die WeltBomber" (worldbomber)

i dont have a drawing for it yet, but its scary just thinking of it, might even make a good flying carrier with parasite fighters in the bombbay  :o  :blink:

How about:

1/144 A380 fuselage
Glased nose
More glasing on the cockpit
Wings from a 1/72 Heinkel 177
8 radial engines, or 8-16 small jet engines, preferably 1/144. I'm thinking something the size of a 1/144 DC-9 or 737-200 engine.
Tail surfaces from the Heinkel

:wub:

Brian da Basher

Well the Navalize It! GB is finishing up, so the Alt. Luftwaffe GB might be able to get going. Before we get to determining the dates, we need a GB moderator and a set of proposed rules.
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Taiidantomcat

By Clave.

A very tentative idea for the rules, as stolen from the Let it snow GB:

1 Models of many genres can take part.  Aircraft, armour, sci-fi, figures, military or civillian and anything else you can think of.
Remember the Luftwaffe had a ground force  :wacko: Plus one for tread heads!  :tank:

2 The model must clearly be suited to the Luftwaffe (Maybe from 1918 on?)   :blink:

3 Dioramas, scratchbuilds, conversions & kitbashes are welcomed & encouraged.

4 CLASSIFIED

5 Must be a Whif.

6 There is no rule 6.  Not to be confused with rule 4 (didn't do Robocop any good!).

7 Prizes to be determined.

8 Good luck & have fun!

What do we think?
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Weaver

Quote from: Taiidantomcat2 The model must clearly be suited to the Luftwaffe (Maybe from 1918 on?)   

Not quite sure what rule 2 is about to be honest... :huh: If you're allowing Sci Fi (rule 1) then presumably the steampunk Luftwaffe of the Franco-Prussian War would be eligible.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Weaver on February 03, 2010, 05:07:02 PM
Quote from: Taiidantomcat2 The model must clearly be suited to the Luftwaffe (Maybe from 1918 on?)   

Not quite sure what rule 2 is about to be honest... :huh: If you're allowing Sci Fi (rule 1) then presumably the steampunk Luftwaffe of the Franco-Prussian War would be eligible.

Yeah... didn't really have any idea on that one.  :blink: So drop the Time/date thing and just say it has to be German/Prussian?
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Sauragnmon

I think the rules are good, minus the date limitation obviously, to allow people all the madness they wish to inspire.  Must be German or Prussian would be the obvious one.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.