Original Alt. Luftwaffe GB discussion thread

Started by Sisko, February 10, 2009, 11:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Sauragnmon on February 03, 2010, 07:55:21 PM
I think the rules are good, minus the date limitation obviously, to allow people all the madness they wish to inspire.  Must be German or Prussian would be the obvious one.

The more open the better, the date was as a celebrity/politician would say "an error in judgment" LOL The more open the better, which why i mentioned the ground stuff
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Spey_Phantom

ok, dumb question, but a good question since the rules dont state anything about it.

are luft46 models allowed?  :rolleyes:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Brian da Basher

The rules look ok but I'm not sure about Luftwaffe armor (Luftwaffe anti-aircraft would be ok though) or Luftwaffe civilian entries (remember, Luftwaffe is the German Air Force!). Sci-Fi works for me because there could be Luftwaffe flying saucers, etc. I like the idea of keeping it from 1918 onwards. It might be a good idea to leave those parts of the rules open for more input.

I'm thinking a March 1st kick off and an end date of May 1st. I like the incongruity of ending the Alt. Luftwaffe GB on May Day.

Anyone want to step up and volunteer to moderate?
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Weaver

Quote from: Nils on February 04, 2010, 12:05:42 AM
ok, dumb question, but a good question since the rules dont state anything about it.

are luft46 models allowed?  :rolleyes:

I'd have thought so. Luft'46 is basically a form of sci-fi after all.

I still like the idea of Luft'36, i.e. what if the pre-war Luftwaffe adopted the ideas that some others persued in real life but they didn't? 4-engined bombers, turret fighters, super-biplanes, armoured ground attack aircraft (i.e. Sturmoviks instead of Stukas) etc.....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Sauragnmon

Or even the Luft '19 ideas, like that prop-punked Apache that was done.  Not sure Which Alt Luft aircraft I'll do for the piece, I've got two of them now, and not sure I'd finish both of them if I started.  Hell, I tanked on the Navalize It GB, and just short of the finish too.  Well, maybe not tanked just yet, who knows.  Not likely.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

nev

Just to be awkward, if Prussian + Sci-Fi are allowed, does that mean Marineflieger are too?

I've got lots of ideas for this build, but alas my build schedule is chockabloc for the next few months :(
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ysi_maniac

Quote from: Brian da Basher on February 04, 2010, 01:51:51 AM
The rules look ok but I'm not sure about Luftwaffe armor ...
Hermann Goering Division was a Luftwaffe armoured division http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallschirm-Panzer_Division_1_Hermann_G%C3%B6ring

Will die without understanding this world.

Brian da Basher

Quote from: ysi_maniac on February 04, 2010, 10:40:35 AM
Quote from: Brian da Basher on February 04, 2010, 01:51:51 AM
The rules look ok but I'm not sure about Luftwaffe armor ...
Hermann Goering Division was a Luftwaffe armoured division http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallschirm-Panzer_Division_1_Hermann_G%C3%B6ring

I stand corrected. Thanks, Ysi!

It looks like the consensus is to give this a wide time-frame. How about 1918 to 1958?
Brian da Basher

Brian da Basher

It looks like the consensus is to give this a wide time-frame. How about 1918 to 1958 1978?

Sorry about that Duncan. No problem extending the timeframe a bit, especially if it encourages participation!
Brian da Basher

Daryl J.

Heh heh heh.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:cheers: (Irish Breakfast tea with cream and sugar)
Daryl J., chuckling happily about this idea.

Taiidantomcat

You could always say that under the "pressure cooker of war" they had developed an F-23 by 1958  :ph34r: Im excited about this one folks  :cheers: Think we will get a lot of participants, if just to get the JMNs  :wacko:

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

nev

Quote from: Brian da Basher on February 04, 2010, 01:35:23 PM
It looks like the consensus is to give this a wide time-frame. How about 1918 to 1958?
Brian da Basher

Why not just go 1918 onwards?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Mossie

Why not just remove any timeframe?  Luftwaffe from any era, if you want steampunk Prussian or a Nazi-zombie space empire, that's okay too?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Brian da Basher

Quote from: Mossie on February 06, 2010, 05:05:20 PM
Why not just remove any timeframe?  Luftwaffe from any era, if you want steampunk Prussian or a Nazi-zombie space empire, that's okay too?

We have a winner!
Brian da Basher

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Overkiller on February 07, 2010, 08:04:43 AM
Quote from: Brian da Basher on February 07, 2010, 06:53:48 AM
Quote from: Mossie on February 06, 2010, 05:05:20 PM

We have a winner!
Brian da Basher

:thumbsup: :drink: :party: :party: :drink: :thumbsup:

Ha! Agreed!!