Belgian Arrow MLU

Started by Captain Canada, February 13, 2009, 08:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 15, 2009, 07:22:48 AM
Hahaha...you guys are to funny ! Rest assured, no cats will be harmed during the finishing of these Arrows.

It's not the cat I'm worried about, the look in those eyes says your going to be missing limbs at the first chance she gets......! :wacko:

Nice paint job little Cap!  I really like the way the dayglo orange contrasts with the grey & green.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Captain Canada

Hey, thanks for the rplies, guys ! I'll be sure to tell the wee man you...better yet, I'll just let him read them !

Now, on to my first Arrow. And now that Aircav had talked about Belgian roundels, I seem to recall another idea I had for one of them !

It was no secret amongst both the brass and the boys that the CF-104 was never quite an ideal a/c for a country the size of Australia. Talks resumed with the RCAF regarding an exchange of the upgraded 104s for the new multi-role Arrow mk.3.

Canada, anxious to gain it's first export order for the Arrow, readily accepted.

Once again, RAAF crews were already in Canada flying on exchange on both the 104 and the mighty 105. The following pic is the only of an RAAF bird in flight over the ranges of Cold Lake, AB. ( just imagine a bunch of brush and wee lakes in the background, pls. )

This time, the a/c in question would not be torn-down and shipped aboard transports to their new home. RAAF crews, already well versed in Trans-Atlantic flights with RCAF Arrows, would fly the a/c to their new homes. The new unit, this time christened "Greg's Marauders", were anxious to get their new steed in service.

Seen here in the ferry configuration

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Having already chased any Communist threats from Australian airspace, the Arrow was quickly readied to take the fight to Vietnam. With more power, a larger payload, greater speed, and a higher ceiling, the Australian Arrow units soon adopted the slogan of " the Real 105 ".

See, there really must be something going on over there !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

MartG

Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

sotoolslinger

Me too  ;D super build and great AC :wub: :thumbsup: Love that loadout. :party:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Mike Wren

kitnut617

Oooo! Makes a pretty good bomb truck doesn't it?  :thumbsup:  I like it.  What did you use for your ferry tanks Todd ?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

bobbo

Why didn't the USAF buy a few thousand of these . . . .  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Bobbo

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: kitnut617 on February 20, 2009, 06:55:23 AMOooo! Makes a pretty good bomb truck doesn't it?  :thumbsup:  I like it.  What did you use for your ferry tanks Todd ?

Those tanks appear to have escaped from a 1/48th scale F-4 Phantom kit where they would have been used as the wing tanks.  The two mounted under the wings still have the pylon attached while the under fuselage tank is mated to an entirely different pylon. 

Nice work Todd!
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Captain Canada

JJ hit the nail right on the head with that 'guess' ! Thanks alot for the comments, guys. I really appreciate it. I have to agree about the camo, it just looks right. I just love the pettern on the wings. But, I do sem to be suffering from a new modelling affliction, SPS, or 'Same Paint Syndrome' !

I noticed that I had totally forgot the 'Winders and the ECM pod......

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

MAD

Hay Captain Canada
I'm Impressed with your shed decorating, and the way you have incorporated a splash of South East Asian Theatre camouflage C-119, F4D, F-104 and CF-100
Nice work
I can only fantasize of RAAF CF-105's eating Indonesian Tu-16 'Badgers'.

M.A.D   

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Nice job Cap'n - she looks great!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Now presumably, there'd be an F-105G "Deranged Dingo" version with ECM in the belly pack and Shrike & Standard ARMs on the wing pylons.... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Eddie M.

Very nice work Cap'n! An all around great looking project!! ;D
Look behind you!