Belgian Arrow MLU

Started by Captain Canada, February 13, 2009, 08:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aussie747

Nice job Cap'n   :thumbsup

The guys back in Oz maybe a little upset, the Canadians managed to put the wing roos on the wrong way! :D  the feet should be in toward the fuselage, they are pointed inthe right direction though

:cheers:
Ray
Canberra
*-*-*-*-*-*-

In work:
1/72 C-65J
1/72 P-7B
1/144 C-17T

Captain Canada

Thanks ! The good news is, noe I know how to properly apply the roundels, eh !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

The highly modified Arrow MLU was used by the BAF as a long range penetrator. New engines, radar, avionics and flying boom AAR capability stood the BAF as NATOs most capable strike wing. Seen armed with 3 2000lb. LGBs outside her shelter at Kleine Brogel.

Many thanks to my pal Patrick Heeren for the decals.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Oh that makes sense - natural follow-on to their CF-100s... Nice Model!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

:o That's about 50 different kinds of awesome! :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Spey_Phantom

pinch me, im dreaming   :o
i just love that Belgian Arrow  :wub:

strangely enough AVRO did offer the CF-105 to Belgium in the 60's, but after the program got canceled we bought the starfighter instead  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

Thanks guys.

Nils, for some reason, I knew you'e like it !  :thumbsup:

To be truthful, this is my favourite one so far. I like the single cockpit, and I've always been a fan of this colour combo and the Belgian roundels.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

noxioux

oooooooooh, that is tasty! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Just a dumb question:  I know about the weapon bay, but was the Arrow ever intended to carry stores under the wings?

Captain Canada

Thanks again !

As far as I know, she was never designed to have external stores. But I'm sure they would have went doen that road eventually.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Captain Canada

Thanks again ! I'd also like to thanks plastic, for being so easy to cut and scrape and glue together. I'd also like to thank paint, for sticking to said plastic. I'd also like to say a big thank you to Al Gore, for inventing the interent, as it's such a great place to find references ! And last bu not least, to the discount chain Giant Tiger, for selling Hobbycrap kits for 5 dollars each. I wish you would do that again....

:drink: :party:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Brian da Basher

That camo scheme with those Belgian markings is really eye-popping, Cap'n!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Captain Canada

Thanks again, guys. You bet, those colours with those roundels make an absolutley beautiful combination. I'd like to build a 'proper' F-104 in Belgian colours.....it just looks too right !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Jeffry Fontaine

Nice work Todd!  The stores pylons under the fuselage are a great idea. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg