Winter/arctic markings & colours (was Let It Snow thread)

Started by Mossie, February 16, 2009, 07:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Jeffry Fontaine

Here are a few images I discovered today while looking for information on the L6 WOMBAT.  I found a couple of images of the Finnish "Musti" 95mm Recoiless Rifle depicted in a variety of winter scenes:

(image source: militaryphotos.net)

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64999&page=7

http://tietokannat.mil.fi/otso2005/gallery.php@language=fi_FI&page_id=19.html

Be aware that several of these images are very large and slow to load for anyone on a dial-up connection. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Daryl J.

Mossie

Like that Recoiless Rifle on the sled Jeff, just the kind of mods that would look good in a diorama.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: Mossie on August 25, 2009, 01:45:54 AMLike that Recoilless Rifle on the sled Jeff, just the kind of mods that would look good in a diorama.
That and other things like the attached image of an ahkio which I would really like to see in 1/35th scale.  Some snowshoes and skis would also be nice as separate purchase items instead of having to purchase an entire model vehicle or figure kit for the things. 

Now if someone would only make a snowmobile that is not die-cast metal . . .
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Mossie

Shamelessley robbed these aggressors from Taidantomcats post on the One Stop Soviet Shop:

These two are UN aircraft, but it could easily be an all over white distemper:

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ysi_maniac

Any photo of Swedish or Finnish planes with snow camo?
WWII period preferably?

Thanks!
Will die without understanding this world.

Mossie

Photos I've struggled to find Carlos, but there's plenty of profiles available.

There are a lot more on Wings Pallete (where I got these):
Winter War
Contiuation War

Finnish Gladiator

Swedish Gladiator

Brewster Buffalo

Dornier Do-17

Saab B17

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on May 04, 2009, 07:21:32 AM
My Do335 should be finished this week, if y'all want, I can post it into this thread.......

Ian

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=3067. Here you go..... nearly forgot. I've finally decided on what to do for this GB, should it get the vote...... but I'm not tellin' yet  :o

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Mossie

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

nev

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on October 04, 2009, 03:16:40 PM
I've finally decided on what to do for this GB, should it get the vote...... but I'm not tellin' yet  :o

Ian

Its looking pretty good - still in 1st place last time I checked :)  I've got 1 "confirmed" and a couple of "probables" lined up for myself...
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Mossie

Alternate Luftwaffe has crept up a bit & is currently equal on 17, SCW is on 15 & Navalise it on 14.  The Quimby vote has slowed recentley, which has allowed others to catch up so we're not guaranteed yet....

Mossie

Robert posted this Predator in his profiles section, it fits in under the Hi-Viz rule!

ysi_maniac

Hi Simon,
Thanks a lot for the nordic profiles. Really useful for my project :thumbsup: :wacko:

Sorry, a second abuse, suggested by your Saab profile:
photos or drawngs of ski undercarriage devices??
Will die without understanding this world.