Winter/arctic markings & colours (was Let It Snow thread)

Started by Mossie, February 16, 2009, 07:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Not at all.  Just thought I'd add it to the inspiration :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

nev

Some pics of relevant models from the Newark show :)

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

nev

That one with the Panzer II, the pics don't really show it, but the builder did a tremendous job of recreating that special look a stream has when its flowing through snowy ground, how it somehow seems faster and clearer, and melting all the snow by the waters edge, y'know?

Mossie

The last one particularly makes me shiver!  Brrrr!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

elmayerle

IF anyone needs it, I've got a pic from the 2009 Sikorsky calendar that has a good shot of a ski-equipped Alaska Guard UH-60.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

elmayerle

Actually, the one I have is from the rear, in flight over a lake.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Brian da Basher

You guys have me inspired! I'm lucky enough to have a pair or two of skis in the spares box so I can play along. I already used a pair from a Ford Trimotor on this:

You can see the rest of the thread Here.
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Mossie

kitnut617

Doesn't that make the bug look different --- anyone know why it was painted like that ?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: kitnut617 on October 23, 2009, 07:44:41 AM
anyone know why it was painted like that ?

So a JMN can tell you how dumb you are for painting a Hornet in such a fashion  ;D  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Iranian F-14A

Quote from: kitnut617 on October 23, 2009, 07:44:41 AM
Doesn't that make the bug look different --- anyone know why it was painted like that ?

Its an aggressor bird,although,it might look pretty nice with some Finnish roundels on it.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever-1984
Current projects:
BAe EAP
OH-58F Kiowa Warrior
S-70C Civilian Hawk
HAL Light Combat Helicopter
S-64 Skycrane Firefighter