Winter/arctic markings & colours (was Let It Snow thread)

Started by Mossie, February 16, 2009, 07:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

philp

The weather here in Salt Lake is ready for this GB.  14F outside right now and a good 12-14 inches of new powder, and that is just at my house.  Heater is broken in the van making for a lovely trip back and forth to work. 

Really thinking hard on that car on skis with the radial engine on back.  Now, if I could just find a good car, and engine with propellor and skis...
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

jcf

Quote from: philp on December 08, 2009, 05:09:20 PM
The weather here in Salt Lake is ready for this GB.  14F outside right now and a good 12-14 inches of new powder, and that is just at my house.  Heater is broken in the van making for a lovely trip back and forth to work. 

Really thinking hard on that car on skis with the radial engine on back.  Now, if I could just find a good car, and engine with propellor and skis...

The 1/32nd Lindbergh '52 Chevy Fastback would be a good candidate for a model conversion,
you'll have to find your own full-size solution. ;)
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Lindberg-Plastic-Model-Kit-1952-Chevy-Fastback-Car_W0QQitemZ120498878597QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0e4af885

I have one in the stash and its not bad for an old kit.

Jon

Weaver

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on December 08, 2009, 04:02:07 PM
New release from CMK resin, Tatra V855.

Splendid!  ;D :wub: :thumbsup:

Since all these Soviet snowmobiles have a 1950s feel, how about doing one based on a modern-looking car/van, or even a "sports" model based on a Ferrari or an F1 car?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: philp on December 08, 2009, 05:09:20 PM
<...> Really thinking hard on that car on skis with the radial engine on back.  Now, if I could just find a good car, and engine with propellor and skis...

The ICM 1/48 Spitfires contain nice Merlins that you can't really use unless you leave off the cowling.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

jcf

Quote from: Weaver on December 09, 2009, 01:08:01 AM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on December 08, 2009, 04:02:07 PM
New release from CMK resin, Tatra V855.

Splendid!  ;D :wub: :thumbsup:

Since all these Soviet snowmobiles have a 1950s feel, how about doing one based on a modern-looking car/van, or even a "sports" model based on a Ferrari or an F1 car?

Actually Tatra is Czech old man.  ;D

Here is Tupolev's current iteration of an amphibious aero-san concept.
http://www.tupolev.ru/English/Show.asp?SectionID=79

Jon

Spey_Phantom

one thing that looks inspirational is the recent Rockslide ATAV from the G.I.Joe movie  :wub:
especially the camo, would look good on an M1 tank, or an CF-18  ;D

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

jcf

Dork the kit slayer

Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Mossie

Winter!  December 21st to March 21st.  I'll talk to Bri & Nick about getting a sub-forum set up for it as it's not far off now.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

philp

Found parts from an old 32nd scale Revell Zero so now have a Radial engine and a 3 bladed prop.  Got to look around for a 4 blade prop as think that looks cooler.  There are a couple of Revell 32nd scale snap together cars at the LHS which should work.  Pretty sure I can make some skis (maybe).  Now had to decide if I want it a civilian vehicle or arm it up Road Warrior (Snow Warrior?) style.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

kitnut617

Quote from: Mossie on December 10, 2009, 08:36:58 AM
Winter!  December 21st to March 21st.  I'll talk to Bri & Nick about getting a sub-forum set up for it as it's not far off now.

That might be the 'official' winter Simon, our winter started back in October and lasts to April  :lol:

Pics of my yard at the moment, first one is of after I cleared my driveway, second one is a drift almost as high as the 4 foot fence, and the last one is a drift about 6 or 7 feet deep, 100 feet long and 80 feet wide,

Edit, Forgot to mention, it was -20C when we went out and took the photos, it had just 'warmed up' from -30C from the night before  ;D 
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Logan Hartke

Those stereotypes about Canada?  All true.

Cheers,

Logan

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May