Winter/arctic markings & colours (was Let It Snow thread)

Started by Mossie, February 16, 2009, 07:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Some good ideas there Joe, thanks Maverick  :thumbsup:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

ysi_maniac

Zvezda 1/35 T-60 done several years ago. :cheers:
Will die without understanding this world.

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Black Knight

Would a 1/72 airfield diorama in the falklands qualify?
As The Dark Master rests, the Black Knight protects the New Commonwealth.

Aerotech, Keeping you ahead by any means.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Black Knight

count me in with my aerotech diorama then  ;D
As The Dark Master rests, the Black Knight protects the New Commonwealth.

Aerotech, Keeping you ahead by any means.

ChernayaAkula

I realize it may be a tad late, but when dropping by at a department store only recently, these little Siku die-cast cars grabbed my attention. They have a snowmobile that should work out to just about 1/32 scale. Costs 1.49 EUR here in Germany. It's not terribly detailed, but with a lick of paint it should look the part. Maybe add some left-over track return rollers or just punched styrene discs to the track.

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

nev

And add nose cannons, and turn the rear seat around and give him a tail gun :wacko:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Weaver

Too late for the GB, but here's a cracking film of "spiral tube" style snow mobiles from 1924:

http://www.flixxy.com/snow-vehicle-concept.htm
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

nev

What does everyone think - should we move this thread back to the camoflage & markings forum from whence it originated?  Seems like folks are already treating it like a camo thread again...

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Ed S

Or we could just start a new "Winterized" thread.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Mossie

Yeah, I think we should move it back, there's a lot of stuff in here that's worth adding to.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

nev

As discussed, moved to the Camo forum - there's just too much good stuff in here for it linger and disappear in the Knackers Yard