Winter/arctic markings & colours (was Let It Snow thread)

Started by Mossie, February 16, 2009, 07:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nighthunter

I actually don't think this is a Battlemech, although it looks like both a Scorpion and Goliath Battlemechs, which came from Dougram
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Captain Canada

Love that Navy Blackhawk ! Or should I say 'Orangehawk' !? Big fan of Arctic/ Antarctic Operations....

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nighthunter

Cap, that's because you live in the Great White North, LOL!

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: nighthunter on May 20, 2014, 07:32:40 AM
I actually don't think this is a Battlemech, although it looks like both a Scorpion and Goliath Battlemechs, which came from Dougram

Both are relatives - predecessors, to be exact. The 1st generation was/is the "Crabgunner" (or Goliath, after BT hijacking):

(Fang of the Sun) Dougram +++ 1:72 Abitate F44A "Crabgunner" (Takara kit) - Box Art by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

A late derivative was the so-called "Tequilagunner" (was REALLY called this way!), with side platforms, but basically the same model (this is not authentic, just a kit mod):

(Fang of the Sun) Dougram +++ 1:72 Abitate F44B Mk.II "Tequilagunner" (Doyu-sha kit conversion) by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Then there was a development with more firepower - the "Firegunner", of which actually no model kit exists:

(Fang of the Sun) Dougram - 1:72 Abitate F44C "Firegunner" (Original Takara Artwork) by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

And finally, there was the six-legged "Desertgunner" as the final known evolution phase.

The BT Scorpion is a different thing - it is actually called a "Blizzardgunner":

BTW, also found this here... ;)

nighthunter

Dizzy, if you happen to have any of the Dougram or Macross stuff in 1/144, 1/170, or 1/200 please PM me, lol

kerick

I still have one of those crabgunners I built ages ago. Splinter camo with some firepower changes.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

nighthunter

philp

Sorry, think mine are all 72nd.

Think the LHS still had some in 1/170th. 

PM me what you are looking for and I will try and get out there this weekend and see what they have.

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

nighthunter

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: nighthunter on May 20, 2014, 10:29:11 AM
Dizzy, if you happen to have any of the Dougram or Macross stuff in 1/144, 1/170, or 1/200 please PM me, lol

I have a lot of anime/mecha stuff stashed away, but nothing in the small scales - I have seen your request some time ago.  ;)

I used to have some 1:170 VF-1s (my initial fix...), but these are all gone, only the larger stuff has survived or was hunted down for future builds...  :rolleyes:

There are some 1:170 Revell Robotech combos floating on ev!lbay, though, not certain if that's an option for you?

nighthunter

Already Purchased a bunch through ev!lbay, lol, but thanks for reminding me!