Winter/arctic markings & colours (was Let It Snow thread)

Started by Mossie, February 16, 2009, 07:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B777LR

So does anybody feel like doing a snow GB this christmas/December? I would love to do a tank or two. Not very what-if, but it would be fun. Winter Char B, Cromwell, Churchill, Crusader, Matilda or Stuart?
Stuarts are cool. I love them. I love their looks. Stuarts are cool. Thus anything cold is good for a cool tank. Possibly a Stuart fitted with a 75 mm...

Logan Hartke

How about a Stuart (M3A3 hull, preferably) with a Crusader III turret serving with XXX Corps or the 29th Armoured Brigade on the north side of the Bulge?  You could even do a diorama and have it guarding a bridge over the Meuse.

Cheers,

Logan

Mossie

Quote from: B787 on October 27, 2009, 10:01:28 AM
So does anybody feel like doing a snow GB this christmas/December? I would love to do a tank or two. Not very what-if, but it would be fun. Winter Char B, Cromwell, Churchill, Crusader, Matilda or Stuart?
Stuarts are cool. I love them. I love their looks. Stuarts are cool. Thus anything cold is good for a cool tank. Possibly a Stuart fitted with a 75 mm...

It's penned in for December 21st to March 21st Thomas.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

nev

Quote from: B787 on October 27, 2009, 10:01:28 AM

If you look through the thread you will see Cromwells and Churchills in winter camo.  My 2nd entry for this GB is planned to be either a Black Prince or A39 Tortoise in winter camo :)   
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: nev on October 28, 2009, 12:41:37 AM<...> My 2nd entry for this GB is planned to be either a Black Prince or A39 Tortoise in winter camo :)  

Somewhat off-topic, but has anybody thought about adorning a Black Prince tank with the heraldic colours of the actual Black Prince?  :wacko: Or any tank in the heraldic colours of medieval knights?

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Mossie

Wrong GB Moritz! ;)  Funnily enough, I mentioned something similar in the Anachronistic GB:
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,18497.0.html
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

nev

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on October 28, 2009, 09:10:27 AM
Quote from: nev on October 28, 2009, 12:41:37 AM<...> My 2nd entry for this GB is planned to be either a Black Prince or A39 Tortoise in winter camo :)   

Somewhat off-topic, but has anybody thought about adorning a Black Prince tank with the heraldic colours of the actual Black Prince?  :wacko: Or any tank in the heraldic colours of medieval knights?

Taking it back towards topic, I now have a desire to create a modern Battle of the Ice
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Mossie on October 28, 2009, 10:08:13 AM
Wrong GB Moritz! ;)  Funnily enough, I mentioned something similar in the Anachronistic GB:
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,18497.0.html

Great minds think alike and all that, right?
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

nev

And of course the Teutonic Knights already come in winter camo   :wacko:

nev

Aeroscale are looking at having a Winter Wonderland campaign, perhaps skis only.  Lots of inspiration, and perhaps finding out that that ski-plane you were planning on building isn't a whiff after all.....

http://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=149440&page=1#1250538

Mossie

Definately inspiring, because the ski's on that P-38 look as if they could be retractable, which is what I've been thinking for a build of mine, if not for this GB.  Hmmm...

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

nev

Just like Christmas Day, the start date for LISLISLIS draws closer all too slowly.  To pass the time, here is some more inspiration, all taken at Telford 2009

1)  This was absolutely superb, the picture doesn't show it, but it glistened with that wonderful look of a crisp hoar frost
4)  This was on the Tree-mendus stand, all built using their products.  I really wanted to get some, but had blown my budget on bits for Nimrods....

nev

3)  How often do you see a Falklands diorama?
4)  And how brilliant is this.  I'm not sure why they're fighting chest deep in a frozen lake, but it sure looks great  :bow: