Hydra Flak tank...Forgeworld monster!

Started by Zeke, February 16, 2009, 08:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeke

Quote from: Sisko on February 16, 2009, 06:16:22 PM

Considering the expensive nature of the Forge world gear (for us Aussie's) I would be extremly pissed off if that is the quality of the resin that you would get!!!!!

I like the Hydra flak tank very cool design. I am inspired to make my own, from what I have seen it doesn't like the it would be to hard a modification.

I can say that usually ForgeWorld resin is just awesome!...here's one I made earlier...

so this Hydra has been a bit of a disappontment to me I guess.
But we'll see what it all turns out like in the end.
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

Zeke

next bits...the main hull has been assembled and given a good scrubbing in preparation for the paint job...

then it all gets a good coat of Halfords primer to start it off...

beginning to look a bit more interesting I guess...
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

cthulhu77

Love the antique look of the tank, mixed with the modern armament.

sotoolslinger

Very cool  :lol: :mellow:Love that earlier build too :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Mossie

Awesome Shadowsword!  I'm a fan of the Imperial Super Heavies, the Stormsword & Stormblade titan hunters especially.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Zeke

Thanks chaps...still waiting on the replacement guns so I've been tootling along with the painting bits for the main hull...

it's basically matt Olive drab (LifeColor acrylic) and the masked off area is going to be a white identification band...

then the whole lot was given a pretty heavy oil wash to deepen the recesses and dry brushed with light brown oil paints to pick out the details...
The tracks were painted with Dark Earth and then scrubbed with some pencil graphite to give them a metallic oily kind of sheen...probably do a lot more of that later when all the panting is finished...
exhast smoke courtesy of LifeColor matt black & Burnt Umber...

more soon I think 'cos it's starting to come together now...got some figure painting to do...

Ian the Kiwi Herder

You're quite good at this modelling thing, aren't you  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Zeke

Thanks Ian...:)
I shall give you a quote from my wife after she read that...

"You should be f**king good at it!...You spend enough time in that f**king modelling room!"

She's got a way with words has my missus... :blink:

oh yeah...and thanks for my "horse linament" quote!...ha ha ha... :thumbsup:

Vulcan7

looking very cool Zeke...quality building  :thumbsup:... & the one you did earlier (as they used to say on Blue Peter  ;D)  looks the business  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

ChernayaAkula

Looks really good so far! Nice job on the weathering!  :thumbsup:

Really dig the "Gothic" look of WH40k armour or WH40k in general.

Quote from: Zeke on February 20, 2009, 02:20:21 AM
<...>
I shall give you a quote from my wife after she read that...
"You should be f**king good at it!...You spend enough time in that f**king modelling room!"
<...>

Awesome!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Zeke

WEll, I took my wifes advice and spent some more time in the modelling room...

All the decals are on now (from a Tamiya King Tiger)....and a bit more weathering...

This includes the turret (minus guns of course, still no sign of them) and it's beginnning to look a bit more military...

So then I got on with the little driver figure and more detail bits and pieces...

AS well as the commander...shouty man!

I do hope the new set of guns turns up soon so I can get it finished.

Sauragnmon

It's coming along quite nicely, and looks very good, Zeke.  I love the way you did their jackets in black, though I can't help but think the Commander is shouting "SCHNELL!!!" in that pose and colours.

Side thought - you could use the Spare gun mounting to test out strengthening ideas to reinforce the gun barrels while you're waiting for the other one.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Sisko

Nice stuff mate!!!! :thumbsup:

I love the shadow sword  :wub:

I am waiting for the plastic release

I am also a big fan of 40K armour. They lend themselves to endless modifications and colour schemes and they are not to hard to build which makes them great for quick and dirty builds.

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Daryl J.

What 'scale' is represented here?    I'm completely ignorant as to the genre but think it looks pretty bloody good!

Daryl J.

philp

Daryl,
Warhammer stuff is 28mm scale which works out to approx 1/65th but the stuff looks pretty good as 72nd (unless you place real 72nd scale people next to the wargame figs.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies