Hydra Flak tank...Forgeworld monster!

Started by Zeke, February 16, 2009, 08:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeke

Is it really?...I've never thought much about the scale, I always thoguht it was much closer to 1:48...shows what I know eh?... :blink: ;D
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

Zeke

Quote from: Sauragnmon on February 21, 2009, 08:36:33 AM
It's coming along quite nicely, and looks very good, Zeke.  I love the way you did their jackets in black, though I can't help but think the Commander is shouting "SCHNELL!!!" in that pose and colours.

Side thought - you could use the Spare gun mounting to test out strengthening ideas to reinforce the gun barrels while you're waiting for the other one.

I can see that we rather think alike here because that's exactly what I was doing with the uniform...kinda Panzer look to them.

And the spare set of guns has already been chopped and experemented on!... :thumbsup: ;D
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

Sauragnmon

Yeah, I guess it is an odd scale, though a buddy of mine found that regardless of the size of the bases, the infantry miniatures, especially for the Guard, scale up nicely against 1/48 armour - he used pretty much nothing but 1/48 German stuff for his Steel Legion army, of course he painted them up like Fallschirmjager troops and went from there.  A JMN would go nuts because the weapons certainly aren't very scaled for 1/48, but everything else, sorta is.

Yeah, I figured you were seeing a German look in the idea, Zeke, the commander really highlighted it with his nice forge cap and the eagle on it.

Indeed, glad you've chopped and experimented on the guns already - figured out what method you're going to go with to reinforce the barrels?
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

PanzerWulff

I have a few WH40K vehicles myself but yours blows them away that shadow sword looks awesome!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I mostly play Space Marines and Tau myself ,but I build and maintain my buddies 242nd Imperial guard regiment "the Fighting Red Helms" so named in tribute of the 242 rescue personnel who died in the 9/11 terrorist attack
I cant wait to see your Hydra finished,If you would like to see some of mine just say so and I'll post a few ;D
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

BlackOps

:bow: Magnificent! :bow:  Now I wish I had more of this kind of stuff in my stash.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Zeke

PanzerWulff...post away dear chap...I'm something of a thread whore myself so you just carry on...I love looking at people stuff...oooer missus.

As for the guns, I've got a few wooden dowels of the right size and they could be made to work...if not I'm going to use some brass tubing...pictures when it's ready of course...talking of which...

Where had we got to?...oh yeah...the shouty man is just about done...

as is the hull...more weathering with dark brown and black stuff around the lower section of the tracks...

And the turret is set onto the hull...waiting for the cannons!!!

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Zeke

Thanks Nev...it's been keeping me entertained anyway.

Now then, that post behind the commanders coupla is just begging for a little pennant or flag of some sort so it was out with the 0.010" plastic card and something suitable was sliced up...

painted with a nice bright colour (presumably to identify the unit) and bearing the great two-headed Eagle of the Emperor (bow down at his name you unworthy dogs!)...

and that's it...the whole thing is now consigned back to it's box while we wait patiently at the door for Mr. PostMan to bring us the promised goodies....hope he hurries up... :blink:

Zeke

Guess what?...yep, the guns have arrived safe and sound, cos I know that you're all worried about them right?...ha ha ha...yeah, ok then.... ;D  :rolleyes:
..anyway, a couple of hours work this afternoon saw them painted and in place so that's this one done....yaaaay!....

not bad, quite scary looking really... :blink:
I certainly wouldn't want to run into this if I were stooging at 5,000 feet around looking for targets...RUN AWAAAAY!

oh well, that's my whiffery done for a while, back to the real world now...see you guys later...keep up the good work...

philp

Looks great with the guns Zeke.

And pretty quick replacement service from Forge World.

Don't forget, you can post real world stuff here too (just can't win a Whiffie with it).
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

noxioux

That rocks.  But I'm thinkin' those fellows ought to button up before pulling the trigger on those guns. . .

Or maybe give them a nice sooty backblasted look, just for laughs. . .

Great build!

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Daryl J.

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

nev

Wow, that sure would ruin your day real quick!

Looks terriffic though.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May