F-104X: an enlarged version (work in progress)

Started by G.Marcat, February 16, 2009, 02:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on July 22, 2009, 01:59:23 PM
Would it be possible to lay down a green base coat, roll out Patafix or Blu-Tac to a very thin roll, use that for masking the smoke rings and then spray the sand colour?  :huh:

That's how I would do it.  But the skilled people like G.Marcat here can probably do it freehand!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

G.Marcat

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on July 22, 2009, 01:59:23 PM
Would it be possible to lay down a green base coat, roll out Patafix or Blu-Tac to a very thin roll, use that for masking the smoke rings and then spray the sand colour?  :huh:

I think it's very hard to do with the Blu Tac.

I Have made some tests in May when I do the first attempt to realize the smoke rings: THERE IS NOt A TRUE  EASY WAY to do the smoke rings.

the more easy should be of to use a modified pen: there are pens that have inside a waterbased color. Empty the original colour, throw away it  and replace it with paint from GUNZE or Tamiya.

I do smoke rings using a pair of types of masking agent (maskol, Gunze and another from UK) but for this purpose is necessary to find a LOW VISCOSITY masking fluid and until now I have NOT found it.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

G.Marcat

Dear friends, 9 months of works are here:

gunfighter

That´s the best build I´ve seen since i visit this forum...

ChernayaAkula

Wow! :wub: Very, very nice! :bow: I mean, really, it's incredibly beautiful!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

G.Marcat

I'm really happy to see that the my work is appreciated: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ed S

Looks good.  Nice to see you got it finished. 
:thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

NARSES2

Anything in "smoke ring" grabs my attention - terrific  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

tigercat2

A great model and excellent paint scheme!!!

Wes W.

Arc3371

chrisonord

Absolutely stunning :wub: Your Starfighter certainly belongs in the 21st century. I will have to get my self some Starfighters now :banghead:
Time to put my Kidneys on Ebay :lol:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

ysi_maniac

Absolutely spectacular
:thumbsup: :wub: :thumbsup: :wub: :thumbsup: :wub:
Will die without understanding this world.