Vostoc7’s What If’s back catalogue

Started by Vulcan7, February 17, 2009, 11:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

Wow Dude!!  :o Its hard to pick favorites but that Airfix stand looks amazing  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Weaver

'Strewth, don't know where to start!  :blink: :bow: :cheers:

Some seriously good Whiffery there, Vostoc7 - you are most definately on our wavelength!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

MartG

Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

Vulcan7

thanks for the very kind comments guys, I feel right at home already  ;D :cheers:

Quote from: Tophe on February 18, 2009, 09:14:14 PM
Dear Vostoc7,
I try to classify your Twin-Spitfires and I am puzzled somehow.
- Simple Twin with Defiant turret, OK
- Triplex Mk.V with faired central canopy, OK
- Triplex (Mk.22?) with bubble central canopy, but it seems there are 2 versions (2 models?) with either plain tailplane or else: tailplane close to the pushing spinner, with a hole not to touch it.
Please help me (or us) understanding, fully appreciating... It could be temporary versions maybe (as the twin-Mossie? without floats then within).
Thanks a lot, from a fan of your models...

Tophe  :thumbsup:....the Triplex with bubble canopy is made from 4 Academy Mk14 Spits, but using a bubble canopy, the larger, longer Griffin engines + the contra-prop meant that the tail needed adjusting. If the wing span was reduced, separate tailplanes would probably work ok, like the He111 Zwilling  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Tophe

Quote from: Vostoc7 on February 19, 2009, 03:49:19 AMthe Triplex with bubble canopy is made from 4 Academy Mk14 Spits, but using a bubble canopy, the larger, longer Griffin engines + the contra-prop meant that the tail needed adjusting.
Shame on me, I did not know the Griffin engine... Google explained:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Supertom

Nice work there Vostoc - any more twins/triples coming up?
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Vulcan7

Quote from: Supertom on February 19, 2009, 10:09:52 AM
Nice work there Vostoc - any more twins/triples coming up?

thanks Supertom, yes, just got the kits through to do these.....

Me.P1111

& Horten 229 (although the central 229 will be the 2 seat version)

....last old what-if....a retro Star Wars Speeder  ;D

Eddie M.

You are a very talented individual! Outstanding work! I'm glad you found your way to your new home.;D
Look behind you!

Vulcan7

thanks for the welcome Eddie, way too kind, looking at the build quality on here, I have a long way to go  :thumbsup:

comrade harps

Whatever.

Tophe

Quote from: Vostoc7 on February 20, 2009, 03:47:19 AM
thanks for the welcome Eddie, way too kind, looking at the build quality on here, I have a long way to go  :thumbsup:
You know, even bad modellers (like me, far worse than you) are welcome here, for the pleasant ideas they may have, even if they may turn them to plastic imperfectly. Don't worry, be happy, and that will make happy as well the fellow modellers here... ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Vostoc7 on February 19, 2009, 12:44:28 PM
<...> Horten 229 (although the central 229 will be the 2 seat version)

<...>

Now that... is seriously good-lookin'! :wub: Will that be a very heavy fighter or a long-range jet bomber? And will the "outer" cockpits be manned or faired over?
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Vulcan7

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on February 20, 2009, 08:39:02 AM
Quote from: Vostoc7 on February 19, 2009, 12:44:28 PM
<...> Horten 229 (although the central 229 will be the 2 seat version)

<...>

Now that... is seriously good-lookin'! :wub: Will that be a very heavy fighter or a long-range jet bomber? And will the "outer" cockpits be manned or faired over?

was thinking faired over to allow more fuel space?...also since the central cockpit will have 2 pilots ..using PM kits so the detail won't be great, but more economic if it goes pair-shaped   ;D  :thumbsup:

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

kitbasher

Mine's a pint of whatever you're drinking, Vostoc7!! ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter