Started by Taiidantomcat, February 16, 2009, 11:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

That one didn't work me either. wierd. The 109 is great though! :wub:

Yakovlev VVP-6 Russian Mobile SAM Transporter:

I am in awe

Source Documenthttp://www.aviastar.org/helicopters_eng/yak_vvp-6.php

Yakovlev VVP-6

Development of jet-lift V/STOL aircraft made it desirable also to develop supporting vehicles able to supply the dispersed and frequently moved operating bases with food, fuel and munitions, and also to provide defence. Yakovlev produced this remarkable project for a complete flying SAM (surface-to-air missile) system.

The huge box-like fuselage, some 49m long, carried six V-750 (11D) or V-755 (20D) [ASCC name 'Guideline'] missiles ready to fire on their launchers, plus reloads and the supporting radars and auxiliary power supplies. It was lifted by six six-blade rotors, each driven by four turboshaft engines. The requirement evaporated with failure to put land-based V/STOLs into service.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

puddingwrestler

I remember seeing that russian sam chopper somewhere! Always reminded me of something from Thunderbirds or Captain Scarlett - something to do with the sheer size and the squared off nose.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

GTX

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on February 16, 2009, 11:16:18 AM
That one didn't work me either. wierd. The 109 is great though! :wub:

Yakovlev VVP-6 Russian Mobile SAM Transporter:

I am in awe

Source Documenthttp://www.aviastar.org/helicopters_eng/yak_vvp-6.php

Yakovlev VVP-6

Development of jet-lift V/STOL aircraft made it desirable also to develop supporting vehicles able to supply the dispersed and frequently moved operating bases with food, fuel and munitions, and also to provide defence. Yakovlev produced this remarkable project for a complete flying SAM (surface-to-air missile) system.

The huge box-like fuselage, some 49m long, carried six V-750 (11D) or V-755 (20D) [ASCC name 'Guideline'] missiles ready to fire on their launchers, plus reloads and the supporting radars and auxiliary power supplies. It was lifted by six six-blade rotors, each driven by four turboshaft engines. The requirement evaporated with failure to put land-based V/STOLs into service.

It would be interesting to do a NATO equivalent - maybe with HAWK SAMS?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

B777LR

Quote from: GTX on February 17, 2009, 12:12:13 AM

It would be interesting to do a NATO equivalent - maybe with HAWK SAMS?

Regards,

Greg

Trumpeter? does the LCAC......  :wacko: