A Model

Started by Green Dragon, February 18, 2009, 05:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Succumbed and ordered all 3  :banghead: Well I couldn't hurt one of their feelings could I ? Besides it would probably sue me under the European Convention on Human Rights  :blink:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

pyro-manic

They look like straight-winged Corsairs!
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 05, 2009, 02:10:11 AM
Succumbed and ordered all 3  :banghead: Well I couldn't hurt one of their feelings could I ? Besides it would probably sue me under the European Convention on Human Rights  :blink:

Assuming they're up (sorry) down to A-Model's usual standards, you could always sue A-Model for violating your human rights.....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on September 05, 2009, 11:47:29 AM
Succumbed and ordered all 3  :banghead: Well I couldn't hurt one of their feelings could I ? Besides it would probably sue me under the European Convention on Human Rights  :blink:

Assuming they're up (sorry) down to A-Model's usual standards, you could always sue A-Model for violating your human rights.....

The recent stuff, particularly the Fury's, have been ok. So here's hoping
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 06, 2009, 02:07:15 AM
Quote from: Weaver on September 05, 2009, 11:47:29 AM

The recent stuff, particularly the Fury's, have been ok. So here's hoping

Indeed - please let us know. It would excellent if A-Model could pick their quality up a bit, because they deserve all the praise going for their range and choice of subject matter. :wub: :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Barry Krell

Their quality has always been variable.  I think it's whoever is doing their tooling for them.  The Bf 109K they did some years ago was a straight copy of the Heller one but with some extra detail and bits.  Their newer ones appear to be pirated Fine Moulds ones.
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: Barry Krell on September 06, 2009, 06:24:59 AMTheir quality has always been variable.  I think it's whoever is doing their tooling for them.  The Bf 109K they did some years ago was a straight copy of the Heller one but with some extra detail and bits.  Their newer ones appear to be pirated Fine Moulds ones.

Maybe the kit quality is directly related to the availability of vodka?  Perhaps a pie chart and spread sheet could be created to show a direct correlation between these two issues to support this hypothesis? ;^)
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Barry Krell

Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

NARSES2

One problem A-Model have is that they are limited in mould size. That's the reason a lot of their larger subjects have split fusalages etc.

Anyway I plan to build one of these up when I get it (real world) so I'll let you all know how she comes out

GTX

Slightly of topic, but does the shot down Polikarpov I-16 on the first one (at least that's what I think it is supposed to be - yes I know it's only boxtop art) look like it has a fully enclosed cockpit canopy to you?

Possible inspiration for the future...

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

NARSES2

Didn't some early ones have them Greg, or am I getting them confused with all the Italian types that reverted ?

rickshaw

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 12, 2009, 01:41:38 AM
Didn't some early ones have them Greg, or am I getting them confused with all the Italian types that reverted ?

Early I-16s had an enclosed canopy which slid forward IIRC.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

IanH

Quote from: rickshaw on September 12, 2009, 05:21:03 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on September 12, 2009, 01:41:38 AM

Early I-16s had an enclosed canopy which slid forward IIRC.
URC Rickshaw

Weaver

They did, but it didn't look anything like the one in the picture, which is almost a bubble!

- Indiana Jones