A Model

Started by Green Dragon, February 18, 2009, 05:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

I think Elm City Hobbies does. Still seems pricey for a small aero, especially when one gets used to Airfix prices ( and quality ! )

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Green Dragon

They are doing a Jetstream 32 as well, decals are for a Sarpa air ambulance from Colombia. Hopefully they got all the differences between 31 & 32 types and not just a decal change.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Oooh that's nice.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

Yeah, and you don't even need to scratch a radar pod. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

JayBee

Nah. Wrong shape Simon.  :rolleyes:

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

JayBee

Quote from: Green Dragon on February 22, 2015, 11:42:54 PM
Hopefully they got all the differences between 31 & 32 types and not just a decal change.

Paul Harrison

There are only, as far as I know, three main differences between the 31 and the 32, and two of these could be achieved with transfers.

http://www.jetstreamcentral.com/2012/06/21/how-to-tell-the-difference-between-jetstream-31s-and-jetstream-32s/

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Green Dragon

Yep Jay Bee, two can be fixed with decals, it's the intakes I'm hoping are different mouldings but I doubt they will be. Any body had a look in the boxes yet?

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.

Mossie

Sprue shots for the Jetstream 31 on Britmodeller
http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234972846-172-bae-jetstream-31-32-by-amodel-released/page-2

And Jetstream 32 on Hobbyterra:
http://hobbyterra.com/product/jetstream-32-british-airliner-in-1-72-scale-amodel-72262.html

It seems the emergency exits are engraved on both sides so you'd need to fill the left side for the 31.  They've provided different intakes for each, but compared to Jim's pics they don't look 100%right.

Captain Canada

That does look nice ! Let the whiffing begin !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Green Dragon

Cheers Mossie!

Paul Harrison

On the bench.

KiwiZac

Who wants to build one of the Life Flight examples which help folks out around New Zealand?
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

It is isn't it.  I hadn't grokked it until you said.
Tricky paintjob to do in scale.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..