A Model

Started by Green Dragon, February 18, 2009, 05:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Two from Uncle Burt, great!  The Spaceshipone/White Knight is especially good news, it's a milestone in aviation/spaceflight that has been ignored except for the Unicraft kit.  White Knight's work didn't end after it had lofted Spaceshipone into the beyond, it's seen use as a test vehicle & also as a cariier for the X-37.  Plenty of modelling opportunites, real & whiff.

A few more of Burts aircraft would be nice, I've been after an ARES for a while, an injection Proteus would also be good (the only one being the Unicraft kit), plus any number of others.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Jeffry Fontaine

Michael Benolkin has just posted an in box review of the Amodel Canberra T.17 (1/144th scale kit #1430) to CyberModeler

(image source: Michael Benolkin/CyberModeler)
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Mossie

1/72 Bristol Brabazon, your feckin' kiddin' me! :wub:  Time to sell the bed, as well as somwhere to put it, it might just fund the purchase....  That'll be 75cm long with a 97cm wingspan. :blink:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

JayBee

Hm! RAF Transport Command :wacko:

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Mossie

PR19_Kit

The Tradewind sounds good too, has anyone ever done it in 1/72 before?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 24, 2010, 05:07:03 PM
Yes Kit, Combat Models does one, look in the 1/72 Aircraft section.

http://www.combatmodels.us/

Incidently, Execuform also do a 1/72 Brabazon and a Princess.

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Robert,

Quote from: kitnut617 on February 25, 2010, 07:23:13 AM
Yes Kit, Combat Models does one, look in the 1/72 Aircraft section.

http://www.combatmodels.us/

Incidently, Execuform also do a 1/72 Brabazon and a Princess.

Thanks, I didn't know they had a web site even. I had noted the Princess already, and it's on my mental list, but I need to get the fork lift truck to carry it around first.........  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

famvburg

Assuming "PBY" is a typo & hopefully it's supposed to be P5Y, that'll be a gotta have for me. Combat's Tradewind is the big nosed, ugly R3Y-2 transport.

Mossie

1/72 Hindenburg, can't be true can it???  If it's a success it might be followed by the Akron & Macon.  Found it on airshipmodeller by accident when searching for A Model stuff in general.  Related to an original Hyperscale thread, link below only seems to go to the home page, if you search for Hindenburg 1/72 you'll find it.  Probably cost a fortune & would be the only subject on your show table, but, like, WOW!!!
:o :o :o :o :o

http://www.airshipmodeler.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6938

http://www.clubhyper.com/forums/forum.htm

PR19_Kit

The Airshipmodeller site seems to have died, I haven't been able to connect to it for days now.  :angry:

I never saw an A Model Hindenberg on there, the mind BOGGLES at the size of it in 1/72, that'd be about 11.5 feet long! Mind you, it wouldn't weigh anything.......  -_-

And while they're doing Akron and Macon kits, they could to the R100 as well, the best Brit airship.

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

It would be HUGE.   In 1/72 it would be about 3.4 metres long and about .5 metres in diameter!

I wonder, if you put helium balloons in it would it fly?   It would have to be made as a vacuform, I think.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 13, 2010, 10:23:38 AM
The Airshipmodeller site seems to have died, I haven't been able to connect to it for days now.  :angry:

If you mean Charles Adams site, it seems to be working fine.
http://www.airshipmodeler.com/forums/

rickshaw

Hughes H-4 Hercules kit in 1/72 scale from A-model going up on evil bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/H-4-Hughes-Hercules-Spruce-Goose-1-72-Amodel-72030_W0QQitemZ270502369829QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3efb329a25

Warning - make sure your securely seated before viewing the price (or the dimensions) and don't let your wife/GF/SO see you looking at this listing!  ;)
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.