A Model

Started by Green Dragon, February 18, 2009, 05:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

Wonder if they are going to do a 1/48 Tiger moth too
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

NARSES2

I picked up the late version IL-40 the other day. Looks good in the box and is on the "next to build after the current crop" list  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

redstar72

Quote from: Aircav on September 05, 2010, 11:59:27 AM
Wonder if they are going to do a 1/48 Tiger moth too

I think it's not very probable. The 1/48 Tiger Moth was produced by Smer, Aeroclub, and is now announced by Special Hobby. AModel prefers to make models which aren't produced by anybody.
Best regards,
Soviet Aviation enthusiast

redstar72

Here you can see a preview of DH-60 (one of them):
http://modelingmadness.com/scotts/civil/previews/amodel/4803.htm

And here are already in-progress pics: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=55159 (all the trio!).
Best regards,
Soviet Aviation enthusiast

Mossie

Hmm, they do Jason.  Amy Johnson is a local heroine, in fact Jason was kept at Hedon aerodrome about a mile from were I live (just a field now).  I don't normally do 1/48 but I might have to pick that one up.  It's a sight cheaper than the 1/72 Omega kit & a DH 60 isn' going to take up too much shelf space in 1/48!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

lancer

According to a report I read in this months SAMI, A model are going to be tooling a
1/72 Bristol Brabazon!!!!!!![/[/size]color]

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

PR19_Kit

Quote from: lancer on September 14, 2010, 03:29:25 PM
According to a report I read in this months SAMI, A model are going to be tooling a
1/72 Bristol Brabazon!!!!!!![/size][/color]

Oh dear, there goes the neighbourhood!

I'll have to build some bigger shelves.........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

I saw that, how did I forget to post about it????  If I ever get the lottery win, the time needed to build them & the warehouse to store them in, I'll buy several.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitnut617

Quote from: lancer on September 14, 2010, 03:29:25 PM
1/72 Bristol Brabazon!!!!!!![/[/size]color]

It's not that big   ;D  it has the same wingspan as a B-36 ;D ;D :lol:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on September 15, 2010, 07:51:02 AM
It's not that big   ;D  it has the same wingspan as a B-36 ;D ;D :lol:

It may not be big to you guys who live on the west side of the Pond, but to us Brits we'll STILL need to build bigger shelves....  -_- ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Green Dragon

I'd have to build an extension to the house to fit that in!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Mossie

Yeah, if I had the warehouse to fit them in, the time to build them & the lottery win to buy them, I'd build several!

lancer

Dunno what you're all fussing about. all you do is get a couple of RSJ's for reinforcement and then hang them from the ceiling.. :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Weaver

Hannants have got this in:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AMU72219

(Note the u/c retraction)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Maverick

I notice it was a test airframe for the Me-309's undercart config, hence the outward retraction.

I also notice that Amodel are releasing a Yak-141 'Freestyle' in 72nd.

Regards,

Mav