A Model

Started by Green Dragon, February 18, 2009, 05:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

New in at Hannants:

AMU72221 1:72 E-7PD  £15.99  £13.32
http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AMU72221
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

jsport

Ok, that is bad Mig model...in good way.

frank2056

I have a love-hate relationship with A-Model; fantastic models you'd never see anywhere else... but they take a lot of work just to make a passable model

NARSES2

Quote from: frank2056 on July 28, 2011, 07:48:07 PM
I have a love-hate relationship with A-Model; fantastic models you'd never see anywhere else... but they take a lot of work just to make a passable model

Agree with both sentiments there but they are getting better with each new release in my opinion.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

At last I'm putting the final touches to my A Model RW Rutan Voyager after 3+ years!

I've upgraded the landing gear by grafting on some piano wire legs and hopefully they'll be strong enough to hold it off the ground. I've made one side about 1mm shorter than the other though, so it'll sit starboard wing low. As luck would have it Dick Rutan took-off with that side low and actually ground off the bottom of the winglet, so it'll be authentic.

I also found a piccie of the rear prop used on the record flight, so that's been sorted and it's within days of being finished now, assuming I get rid of this BLASTED cold!  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: Weaver on June 12, 2011, 01:15:28 AM
Hannants have the Brabazon in, amongst others (but casting a damn great shadow over them all, no doubt):

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AMU02872

Being neither independently wealthy nor the owner of a large enough house, I doubt I'll be seeing one soon. Be lovelt to whiff one though, wouldn't it? I was thinking of an early AWACS with EC-121 Warning Star style domes: you know, as ugly as possible..... :wacko:

I'd love to have one of these, to be modelled as an RAF   "Meteorological and Signals Propagation Research" (spyplane)  aircraft. but at that price, no chance whatever until all 6 numbers come up on a Saturday night. Even then, I'd probably need to build an extension to house it......but then I dream of a Saro Princess in 1/72 as well.   
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

kitnut617

Quote from: Rheged on September 21, 2011, 06:08:13 AM
I'd love to have one of these, to be modelled as an RAF   "Meteorological and Signals Propagation Research" (spyplane)  aircraft. but at that price, no chance whatever until all 6 numbers come up on a Saturday night. Even then, I'd probably need to build an extension to house it......but then I dream of a Saro Princess in 1/72 as well.   

Herrill's Execuform do both the Brabazon and Princess in 1/72, US$85 for the Brab', US$65 for the Princess.  These are basic vacuforms and both are available as of last year.  BTW, the Brabazon has the same wing span as the B-36
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

You'd also need a steel re-inforced shelf to hold up the Brab too.

OGL and I saw one in build at MK earlier this year, and the fuselage was mind blowing. Not only was it superbly moulded (in fibreglass...) but it was VERY thick too, you could stand on it and it wouldn't have noticed. I hope it has some strong landing gear legs as the thing weighs a TON!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Doc Yo

Does anyone know what type of bomb the Yak 25B kit comes with? It looks like an early nuke....

pyro-manic

The wikipedia page for the Yak-25 mentions "Tatyana", which (again, according to wiki) is the name for the RDS-4.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RDS-4

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Weaver

Now at Hannants:

Worth re-printing the full bumpf for this:

AMU72229 1:72 Tsybin NM-1. A simplified, full sized aerodynamic prototype for the novel layout, the NM-1 was built in 1957. Intended for low-speed handling tests, the NM-1 had a steel-tube fuselage with duralumin and plywood skinning.[4] This aircraft, powered by two Mikulin AM-5 turbojets first flew on 7 April 1959.[3] Based on the results of these trials, the RSR was redesigned (as the R-020) to make it more manoeuvrable at high altitude (it was proposed to carry out barrel rolls to avoid Surface-to-air missiles, reaching a maximum altitude of 42,000 m (138,000 ft) during the manoeuvre).    :o [5] More conventional Tumansky R-11 turbojets (the engine used in the MiG-21) replaced the unavailable Soloviev turbofans. Five R-020 airframes were virtually complete, only awaiting engines by April 1961, with another 10 planned when Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev cancelled the program  £21.50  £17.92
http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AMU72229
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Maverick

Always thought it was a good looking ship.  Great to see it in injection instead of resin, although I suspect it'll be a bit of work being A Model.

Regards,

Mav

PR19_Kit

138000 ft?  :o :o

Wow, I'd have thought it would need longer wings to get that high, but then I would, wouldn't I?  ;D

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Any aircraft can be improved by fitting MORE POWER..... ;D

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on October 22, 2011, 02:56:49 AM
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting MORE POWER..... ;D

Hehehe, love it!  ;D

Regards
Kit