Main Menu

Display team GB

Started by Weaver, February 19, 2009, 02:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: Mossie on May 10, 2009, 05:58:51 AM
Quote from: DaFROG on May 09, 2009, 12:48:59 AM
On the subject of display teams a airliner/heavy lift team would be awesome. I think most airliners are theoretically capable of barrel rolls (theres a 707 doing one on youtube and apparently its been done in a concord as well). but other manuvers would be cool to if possible, all concord display team anyone? theres a few of them knocking about unused after all :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: such a team would no doubt be sponsered by some e><tr33m product or other, scarlet sloth energy drink, or DaFROG'S racing bread perhaps

Concorde can barrell roll, ever seen Airport '80 (also known as Airport '79)??? :lol: :lol: :lol:  If the rest of the Airport series are bad, that one's the icing on the cake!!! ;D ;D ;D

Yes, a movie masterpiece indeed. I'm not sure which bit I liked best: the bit where they opened the cockpit side window at 30,000 ft to fire a flare gun out of it to distract the heat-seeking missiles, or the bit when they landed in France afterwards, having avoided being shot down by looping an airliner full of passengers, and all the pilots did was stroll off casually, discussing which club to go to and what girls they might pull. Obviously all in a day's work......
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: puddingwrestler on May 08, 2009, 09:34:29 PM
(And where can I get a kit of the SARO?)

There is, or was anyway, a vacform of the SRA/1, I think by Formaplane. It wasn't that good, being moulded over male moulds as I recall.

If anyone was likely to do a more modern one I'd have thought it was Magna, but seems they haven't bitten that bullet yet.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Quote from: Weaver on May 10, 2009, 02:12:27 PM
Yes, a movie masterpiece indeed. I'm not sure which bit I liked best: the bit where they opened the cockpit side window at 30,000 ft to fire a flare gun out of it to distract the heat-seeking missiles, or the bit when they landed in France afterwards, having avoided being shot down by looping an airliner full of passengers, and all the pilots did was stroll off casually, discussing which club to go to and what girls they might pull. Obviously all in a day's work......

So bad it's good! ;D ;D ;D  I've recently seen a few bad aviation movies but they still make me chuckle.  Recently managed about 10 minutes of 'Stealth Fighter', I should have guessed what was coming when I saw it starred Ice T & Erika Eleniak! :lol: :lol: :lol:  There's quite a few turn up on 'movies4men' on sky, usually worth watching for a few minutes, then turning over quickly to avoid a potentially fatal case of the giggles!

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 10, 2009, 02:16:39 PM

There is, or was anyway, a vacform of the SRA/1, I think by Formaplane. It wasn't that good, being moulded over male moulds as I recall.

If anyone was likely to do a more modern one I'd have thought it was Magna, but seems they haven't bitten that bullet yet.

Planet released one, it's forty quid, so not cheap, but then again it's lot bigger beast than you'd think.  Should reduce some of the gnashing of teeth caused by the Vacform, Leigh did a fantastic Schneider trophy aircraft, I'll have to see if I can find the link.

Here's the Planet kit at Hannants: http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=PLA04472
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Aircav

There was to be a AAC Skyvan display team  ;D

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Mossie

As promised, Schneider Trophy '46 Saunders Roe SRA.1 vacform by Leigh:
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,13001.15.html

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ChernayaAkula

Always wondered what the MiG-1.44 would look like in "Swifts" colours?  :wub: Or a Su-47 Berkut in "Russian Knights" livery?  :wub:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

lancer

I did a 1.44 in the colours of the Red Banner display team from the 60'2 a while back,. I thought it looked pretty good. But it'd look even better in either of those colour schemes.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die