They don't mak'em like they use to

Started by Aircav, February 21, 2009, 10:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

philp

Love the song and on the side was Sink the Bismark, another classic.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Aircav

Yeah, Johnny Horton had a great voice and I grew up listening to that song and his other such as "Battle of New Orleans"  and "North to Alaska" ;D

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

cthulhu77

Have them all on cd and vinyl...man, that old album is war torn beyond belief ! I had four brothers, and that was our go-to album as rugrats. Great music.

Aircav

My father had The Brothers Four too, use to hear that all the time as well from a reel to reel tape deck  ;D

Sir Sydney Camm

cthulhu77

Ah, love that stuff. But I think you mis-interpreted my line...my four brothers and I listened to Horton all the time (and I never heard a who!)...to the point that the album cover had to be taped together.  I keep a bunch of those songs on my mp3 for driving sing alongs.

Cobra

Thanks for Posting a Cool Song Video!!!!!!!! i've got the Song on 45!!!!!! thanks!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Aircav

Quote from: cthulhu77 on February 22, 2009, 07:45:56 AM
Ah, love that stuff. But I think you mis-interpreted my line...my four brothers and I listened to Horton all the time (and I never heard a who!)...to the point that the album cover had to be taped together.  I keep a bunch of those songs on my mp3 for driving sing alongs.

Ah, I with you know ;-D

Sir Sydney Camm

Captain Canada

Awesome ! Love the break at around the 1:50 mark.....very cool !

Thanks !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

lancer

Fun to hear again, but I've got that dammed song buzzing arounf my head on replay!! AAAAGH!!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

puddingwrestler

Why don't people write pop songs about worlds wars anymore? Dammit, the Marine Corps hymn actually made the charts in the 50s (I'm serious here)

Oh wait. Because the idea of Brittney Spears or the Jonas Bros. singing anything like that is terrifying.

And besides, 50 cent and his mates seem to sing basically the same thing, just with gangs instead of armies and nations.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

puddingwrestler

Driving to melbourne this morning I got to thinking about this thread again - the other thing no one seems to get hit songs out of any more is cars. I mean, up until the 70s there where numerous hits about cars. (Including 'Little Duece Coupe' which I sang as 'Little two scoop' for years - Australians and other speakers of the Queens English pronounce Duece Coupe as Dyoos Coopay, the way it should be!)

Could part of the problem be the difficulty of working 'Z32TT' or 'R32 GT-R' into workable lyrics?
Maybe I should go find a 60s pop song to re-write the lyrics of into a touching tribute to San Torta's own Tortwagen Gulf, clearly that would have topped the national charts for some time!

hmmm...
Little Tortwagen, you're really lookin' fine
Three blades and a four-stroke and a fishing line
Listen to her tachin' up now, listen to her why-ee-eye-ine
C'mon and turn it on, wind it up, blow it out TORTWAGEN!
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

lancer

Quote from: puddingwrestler on February 27, 2009, 05:38:03 PM
Driving to melbourne this morning I got to thinking about this thread again - the other thing no one seems to get hit songs out of any more is cars. I mean, up until the 70s there where numerous hits about cars. (Including 'Little Duece Coupe' which I sang as 'Little two scoop' for years - Australians and other speakers of the Queens English pronounce Duece Coupe as Dyoos Coopay, the way it should be!)

Could part of the problem be the difficulty of working 'Z32TT' or 'R32 GT-R' into workable lyrics?
Maybe I should go find a 60s pop song to re-write the lyrics of into a touching tribute to San Torta's own Tortwagen Gulf, clearly that would have topped the national charts for some time!

hmmm...
Little Tortwagen, you're really lookin' fine
Three blades and a four-stroke and a fishing line
Listen to her tachin' up now, listen to her why-ee-eye-ine
C'mon and turn it on, wind it up, blow it out TORTWAGEN!
:drink:

YOU are one CRAZY colonial!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die