Main Menu

It's The Whiffies (2009)

Started by philp, February 22, 2009, 04:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

Congratulations to all the winners and the nominees.  :party:

Major :thumbsup: to philp for organizing it all!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Daryl J.

Philip,
This has been a ton of fun to watch and goof around with.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Let's see where this winds up in a decade or better, eh?   :party: :party: :party: :party:

Daryl J., glad to have seen this unfold

philp

Quote from: Daryl J. on February 24, 2009, 06:10:01 PM
Let's see where this winds up in a decade or better, eh?   :party: :party: :party: :party:

Ten years, shoot me now :blink:
Hmmm, maybe I can talk Billy or Ellen into giving me a break.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

BlackOps

10 years from now the judging will be easier, we'll all be old geezers building 1/32 or larger scale kits
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

philp

Yep, and I can always cut it down to 1 category, that would help.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

dragon

Could be worse....
Imagine RADISH in a strapless, backless , red cocktail dress interviewing those that have been nominated a la Academy Awards.....
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

philp

(smacks forehead)
How could I have missed that opportunity. :blink:
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

puddingwrestler

Quote from: BlackOps on February 25, 2009, 06:24:46 PM
10 years from now the judging will be easier, we'll all be old geezers building 1/32 or larger scale kits

Except me and the other infuriatingly young members of the forum. We will continue to build things in a real man's scale (ie: 72nd) and posting itty bitty little pics which can only be viewed with magnifiers!

:rolleyes:
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

cthulhu77

We're not dead yet, and keep your hands off of my wife's thigh.

philp

Sent my Dad the link to this (ok, so I am a little proud ;D) and he had some comments he wanted me to pass along.

"I have just spent over an hour going over the material and I think You did an Outstanding job.  Must have been a lot of work for you and your helpers and I see a lot of post after midnight :-)

Wish I could make a comment because the big thing I noticed was that the people sending in comments used a civil language which I really find lacking in today's society.  That one point alone added a lot of creditability to the "whatif modelers,"  The winners had some great builds and the imagination boggles the mine

Could you make that one for me?  You could sign it Chief Pete and maybe mention that you know him as Dad-  Looking forward to see what they can build for next year.  It's come a long way since we put two pieces of plastic together to form the body of a plane hasn't it?

Great Job Son, Thanks for sharing it with me"

My Dad is a CMSgt (Ret) from the USAF with 28 yrs service including two tours in England (first time he met my Mom to be and the second time my younger brother was born there) and a tour in Thailand during the Vietnam War (Udorn AFB).  I watched him build models when I was 5 and started my own when I was 6.  He is the reason I gained an interest in aviation and Military History.  He also has the gift of gab which I may have inherited, just a bit.  Without him, there probably wouldn't be a Whiffies.  Thanks for everything Dad.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

cthulhu77

Well, Sir Phil, tell him I just toasted you both !   :cheers:

Macal

HI Guys!

Congrats for All! I'm very happy to see these beutifull models, in the topics, and in this competition! Proud to be here! (pls excuse me, that I weren't been here for a while, started in new job and have little time for forums... :( )

sotoolslinger

Salute to your dad Philip :thumbsup: :wub:
Macal I hope you still have time to scratch up your excellent goodies :wub: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland