anti-stress modeling: doctors orders

Started by Spey_Phantom, February 23, 2009, 06:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

It definately does!  Nice looking little kit, I've managed to resist the urge to pick one up, but I might just add one to the stash seeing this.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Tophe

Poor ill modeller, you could have simplified your Do 28 into a Do 141, and double medicine (triple with psychiatric?) ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

noxioux

It deserves a better name than "Sky Servant".  Especially if it (hopefully) gets a bunch of guns poking out the side. . . :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Nils,

That's one WEIRD looking aircraft, almost a Whiff in its own right! And the Sov Blue panel looks just great on it.

Why DO they use such a strange colour anyway? Is it the same reason all their aircraft wheels are the same dull green?

A RusAF crewman on an An-124 at Fairford once told me the reason they were all that strange green was the paint plant that took the order for the paint got the decimal point in the wrong place and made 1000 times more than they really needed.......  :lol:

He said it with a straight face, but I don't know to this day if he was joking or not.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

nev

He could well have been joking - Detroit Redwings superstar forward Pavel Datsyuk is famous for his deadpan sense of humour, delivered in garbled english (after an interview "All done?  Five bucks")

OTOH, I've worked with Russians whose deadpan style is utterly, utterly serious and humour is an utterly alien concept- so who knows?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Daryl J.

:mellow: :mellow:   Enjoy the 3D creativity! 

There is everything right in a mental 'reset' isn't there.    We're here to listen if needs be and are glad to watch what comes of projects too even if we only observe them onscreen.   :thumbsup:

Daryl J.

comrade harps

Been through something similar recently, stopped modelling, all the tears and stuff (the Oh Your God, we're all gonna die! :o  midlife crisis thing).  Happy pills have robbed me of the tears and creativity for a few weeks, but the good stuff like whiffing's coming back now. I'm going to join a local model club this week as part of my recovery.

Almost bought a Skyservant myself at the weekend. Yours is looking great so far. I think mine would be some sort of African STOL COIN machine.

Anyway, see the doc, model and have a chat with a psych and be with friends. Find things to occupy your mind that you enjoy and work on fixing the things that you might be missing or aren't working anymore. Hang in there and remember, there's no shame in seeking help.

All the best.
Whatever.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Spey_Phantom

im back, and this is the first model to be finished in the new house.

i painted it up in my own version of belgian woodland camo. it includes NATO olive, brown, blck and a lighter shade of green.
decals are custom made.

Real World fact: the Do-28 was actually in the running in the competition to provide the Belgian Army Aviation with a replacement for the Do-27. the Do-28 came in second, unfortunatly the BN-2A Islander was selected.

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Vulcan7

Great looking build Nils, that camo is ACE!  :ph34r: :thumbsup: :tornado:   :party:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

sotoolslinger

That is one cool looking AC right there :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

lenny100

looks good with a diverant cammo look to the run of the mile woodland
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Mossie

Very nice camo Nils, looks like the therapy worked a treat!  Maybe stick a door gunner in & enter it in the COIN/Trainers with Teeth GB?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sideshowbob9

ChernayaAkula

Neat camo! :thumbsup: Looks a bit like a leopard.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?