I've finished something new:

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, February 23, 2009, 03:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Daryl J.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on February 28, 2009, 08:37:47 AM
Scheme 1... with the Stuka snake!

I really did consider that, Moritz, but thought it may look a wee bit too 'Cheesy' (don't know whether that translates  :huh:). Not completely discounted it, though  :wacko:

Did I mention that whatever scheme it wears, it will be a 'Schlacht' unit !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

noxioux

What would be an interesting challenge (and one I thought of doing from time to time), would be to do it up in a basically "normal" camo scheme, and then give it the late war slapped-on camo look.

But maybe cheesy is okay.  I mean, there's so much luft' stuff out there, some cheese would really stand out. :cheers:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Got a bit done.... little bit of filler, not too bad.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Mossie

To quote Dean Martin, "Let it Snow".....!

I picked up the two seater at Huddersfield, looks like a lovely kit
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Confuscious (maybe)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Great thing about this kit - and the Tamiya MkI Spits & Mustangs - is you get a spare canopy to use as a mask   :party:! So here's the Dornier all filled, sanded, polished and the windshield masked.... Oh yes, the Eduard belts went on a treat for once, didn't put-up a fight.

So along with a R.W. Mirage, and the AJ, it's off to the paint-shed next week for some vigourous pre-shading.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

kitnut617

This looks interesting Ian, the Do-335 is one of my favorite aircraft, got five of them, they're some of the very few German aircraft I have in the stash.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

noxioux

Looks great so far.  I'd say scheme 3.  For some reason, theater stripes and winter camo just sound right today. :thumbsup:

sotoolslinger

The Arrow is one of my favorites also. Do the winter scheme :wub: :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Ian the Kiwi Herder

No pics this afternoon because:-

ONE - I didn't take any

and

TWO - I'm at work and even if I had taken any, I can't access Photobucket from our PC's in work :angry:

Anyhoos, just a quick update. Had an hour or so yesterday to m'self so ran to the paint shed and pre-shaded this and the Mirage. Then dived into the paint stash to check that I had the RLM81 & 83 (late war olive grun and and Leichtgrun) that it needs..... short answer, no I haven't..... So I've mixed the 81 from Tamiya JN Green and a Olive Green, the Leichtgrun from Tamiya Deep Green and Sky.

More soon...... probably with pics !

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

nev

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on March 16, 2009, 06:57:29 AM
Then dived into the paint stash to check that I had the RLM81 & 83 (late war olive grun and and Leichtgrun) that it needs..... short answer, no I haven't..... So I've mixed the 81 from Tamiya JN Green and a Olive Green, the Leichtgrun from Tamiya Deep Green and Sky.Ian

Oh dear....looks like you'll be having your membership of the Jackals revoked ;)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: nev on March 17, 2009, 02:17:51 AM
Oh dear....looks like you'll be having your membership of the Jackals revoked ;)

Ahhh my friend, that was last year, when I did the ANR Me262; had my sword broken, epaulettes ripped-off and arm-band confiscated..... d*mn I miss those guys  :lol:

Ian

"Am I bovvered ?"

Confuscious (maybe)

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May