I've finished something new:

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, February 23, 2009, 03:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Now that looks cool b)  And I would imagine it would be VERY effective over a real snowy landscape.

But all that work on the paintjob and 90% of it can't be seen!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

sequoiaranger

I really like how this turned out!  :thumbsup:

I think I may use a similar technique on an upcoming German He-119 model, but "reversed" with light-colored squiggles on a dark base (not "worms", but squiggles this time!). Remember: imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

NARSES2

Quote from: nev on April 23, 2009, 09:12:28 AM
But all that work on the paintjob and 90% of it can't be seen!

My thoghts exactly Nev
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

I take the point chaps.... but when I pre-shaded the greens, I was only 50% decided on whether to stay in the 'summer' two-green scheme or apply the 'winter' temporary scheme. The idea being that it was 'ready' if I decided to "go (or more accurately stay) green".

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

BlackOps

Obviously I haven't been checking this often enogh. Love the white overcoat Ian! Are you going to get a matching white coat with the sleeves that tie in the back?  ;D
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

The man sure can paint.  And, like a true artist, he's got no problem covering most of it up to go for an entirely different look.

That takes some pretty big flargles.

:thumbsup:   :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Daryl J.

Brilliantly done.   Would Eagles Dare?

Daryl J.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Daryl J. on April 24, 2009, 11:14:50 PM
Brilliantly done.   Would Eagles Dare?

Brilliant !

I knew that I'd seen it somewhere before - other than Rudels Ju87G-2 - but I couldn't remember where..... The Ju52 in W.E.D...... Thanks Daryl

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

GTX

So, are the wing guns going to be standard 30mm or something larger for the anti-tank role?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Sisko

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Weathered !!

Just need to run a light oil-wash into the landing gear and spray the exhaust plumes, then that's the painting finished. Thanks for all the encouragement, support and comments, chaps, really appreciate it.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

tigercat2