F-4XL Phantom III "The Phoenix"

Started by Eddie M., February 23, 2009, 05:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

Quote from: Green Dragon on February 27, 2009, 05:29:26 AM
Excellent idea Eddie! Is that part of the Northwest DC-10 as a piece of the spine? You really are master of the hack and slash school of model building!

Paul Harrison

Thank you! You have very good eyes. I was wondering if anyone would catch that. ;)
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

I got a little more done today. I'll be using bigger engines from another F-4.

and the design stage continues.. the tail is as big as it is so I can trim it down to proportion as time goes by...

Look behind you!

Daryl J.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

G.Marcat

Eddie M.

QuoteLook like really promising.

Thank you G.Marcat. If it come out looking half as good as your F-104, I'll be happy. :thumbsup: ;D
Look behind you!

Rafael

Wow, Eddie!!, this is turning out very nicely.

Will you simply close the mid-section, or are you going to make something special for that area?

And the wing dihedral, will you keep it, or are you going to go the F-16XL way?

Astounding. Phantoms are just like that.

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Eddie M.

Quote from: Rafael on March 02, 2009, 02:50:33 PM
Wow, Eddie!!, this is turning out very nicely.

Will you simply close the mid-section, or are you going to make something special for that area?

And the wing dihedral, will you keep it, or are you going to go the F-16XL way?

Astounding. Phantoms are just like that.

Rafa

The length will stay as it is and I will try to keep the first glance look of the Phantom. I've been running many ideas though my head ( read conflicting voices trying to be heard over the noise) and one of them is adding a third seat. ;D
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

QuoteWay to pull out all the stops!

QuoteVery good!

Thank you very much. I appreciate very much!! :mellow:
Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

With the large tail and almost triangular shaped wing, have you thought of making this one a delta-winged Phantom?

Looking every bit like a winner, Eddie!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

John Howling Mouse

Incredible frankenmodelling!  What days of the week does the Putty-Truck stop by your place?    :cheers:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

OY!! Don't remind me. I went and bought a brand new tube of Bondo especially for this project. :party:
Look behind you!

cthulhu77

You very well have attained what-if sainthood with this one, Sir Ed !  Wow, and I mean that, WOW !!!!    :cheers:

Eddie M.

QuoteYou very well have attained what-if sainthood with this one, Sir Ed !  Wow, and I mean that, WOW !!!!

Thank you very much. It will definitely take an act of God to see me through this one. ;)

Just got done gluing the fuselage together. I was worried about the straightness of the long axis, but I ran a string along the top seam and everything seams to be in line. This is after I got done using the 1 grit sanding paper after applying a couple of ounces of CA. :o ;D :party:
Look behind you!