question about the Waffen SS

Started by PanzerWulff, February 24, 2009, 04:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzerWulff

I know the Waffen SS had it's own infantry and Armored units but were there any SS Fighter squadrons? I'm writing a whiff backstory and got wondering
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

puddingwrestler

Which doesn't mean you can't rewrite history.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Radish

I've created various SS air units in the past. I've given them black tails and wingtips.
:thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

PanzerWulff

I was thinking of a Me-109 E or early F with a black nose forward of the windscreen with a white spinner and a black rudder.I also have some Warhammer 40K decals and was thinking of using 2 of the imperial guard eagles on the side and calling the unit  "Schwarz Adler SS" What do ya think
"Panzer"

nev

Well wouldn't that have created quite the little power struggle in 1945 - Himmler and Goering both with their own armies and air force.  Hmmmm........
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

pyro-manic

Ooh, that could be an interesting scenario - German civil war?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

cthulhu77

B777LR

Quote from: nev on February 25, 2009, 07:20:06 AM
Well wouldn't that have created quite the little power struggle in 1945 - Himmler and Goering both with their own armies and air force.  Hmmmm........
Quote from: pyro-manic on February 25, 2009, 07:49:02 AM
Ooh, that could be an interesting scenario - German civil war?

Having just watched Operation Valkyrie, i can't help but think that it was quite possible...

deathjester

Have any of you played the PS2 game 'Secret Weapons over Normandy'?  That has a German special operations air unit, possibly linked to the SS.  Good source of ideas and colour schemes!

HOG

Hi PanzerWulff
The only one I know of is this

Pinched off of "Wings Palette".

From what I remember he was the brother of the other infamous Heydrich and was taken off flying duties.
Hope this helps.
Cheerz,  :drink:
G
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

cthulhu77

Oooh...I was envisioning a black and red  109, as stark and impressive as the SS uniforms.

PanzerWulff

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on February 25, 2009, 04:44:53 PM
Nope 'twas himself, the (male of questionable parentage) head of the SD.
Evidently the Luftwaffe pilots couldn't stand the arrogant prig.

Jon
Jon I hope the direction of this thread does not Offend you or any of the others by the subject of the SS I know in some places discussion of these units is a touchy subject (and in others potentially Criminal) I'm using this as background info to create the antagonist in a backstory I'm working on.I do Not condone the actions of the Nazis or the more fanatic of their troops
Chris

dragon

Panzerwulff:
True.  Despicable, but they do make a wonderful antagonist against whomever you plan on having as your good guys.  Worked for Indiana Jones. :cheers:
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Taiidantomcat

I know in the Manga Comic Luftwaffe 1946 the SS has its own air force:

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.