MIG 15 QUESTION

Started by NARSES2, February 25, 2009, 03:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

The Hobby Boss Mig 15 kit has two clear plastic inserts for the underside of the rear fuselage. One circular and one rectangular.

Does anyone know what they are ? I've had a look at the references I have and can't find anything absolute, and drawings I've found on the web are no use either.

Wondering if they were inspection panels or possibly one was the landing light ?

Any help appreciated as it's holding up a project

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McGreig

Sorry, I looked this up after Milton Keynes and then forgot to tell you the answer  :rolleyes:

The transparent parts are covers for various antennae. The clear circular part covers the ARK-5 radio compass antenna and the rectangular one covers the MRP-48P receiver.
:cheers: Gordon

Geoff

The landing light on the kit is the small oval panel at the top of the intake splitter. Later Mig-15BIS's had the landing light moved to the wing.

NARSES2

Thanks Gordon.

Geoff you saved me a boo-boo. I thought the oval engraving on the splitter plare was a radar gun sight ranger, even though there was no mention of such in my Osprey Encyclopedia of Russian Aircraft  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Geoff

I don't think they had radar ranging until he Mig-17F IIRC.