TSR-2 Profiles

Started by Talos, February 25, 2009, 06:03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talos

Seeing DamienB's profile thread, and since I finished the first profile with my TSR-2 template, I thought I'd share it over here for the people who didn't see it in my thread.

Still not entirely done, I'll probably update it soon, but good enough to show.

More to come!

nev

Nice!  I plan on doing my 48th kit in JASDF blue.

91 Hikotai though...?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Talos

Thanks, nev.

91 Hikotai is due to that I don't have good scans of any of the JASDF tail insignia, so I couldn't put anything on the tail. I looked through my book of WWII Japanese markings and the 91st Sentai jumped out to me. My idea was a more militant Soviet Union, starting with a small shooting engagement at the Berlin Airlift. Eventually, the JSDF is much larger then in IRL, complete with TSR-2s, two older US carriers, F-14s, etc.

nev

Well, the JMSDF retain much of their WW2 heritage - the only branch of the JSDF that does - so using the old IJN markings isn't beyond the realms of possibility.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Talos

Thanks, Damien. Keep up the good work on your's, those British ones that you posted earlier look awesome!

I'll probably do a couple other JASDF schemes eventually, particularly the land scheme the F-1 used to have. Besides that, got lots of Tornado operators to convert to the TSR!  ;D

Before I get to those, though, I need to finish updating the shading and highlighting on my Stratos 4 TSR-2MS. As a preview, here's the lineart.

EDIT: I did make one small change to 91 Sentai's red divided triangle tail markings, though. I added a white outline to each of the three pieces, which I think makes it look a lot more modern and finished then it's WWII counterpart.

Talos

Okay, I lied. I did the Luftwaffe one first!  ;D

Talos

Here's another one, Royal Saudi Air Force camo and markings.

DamienB

Nice. I'm in the middle of an RSAF one too, different type of scheme though.  :thumbsup:

Talos

Oh, which one? Natural metal? Gray?

EDIT: If you need the "Royal Saudi Air Force" markings with Arabic text, I can send you a copy of mine if you'd like.

DamienB

Many thanks but already all done and up on my site now. Got a font that matches the English text fairly well, and auto traced a bitmap of the Arabic text as my vector package seems to make a mess of it as text.

Talos

Alrighty then. I'll go take a look at your's!

Talos

Scooterman

Talos

Thanks, Scooterman.

Here's a couple Canadian TSR-2s.