TSR-2 Profiles

Started by Talos, February 25, 2009, 06:03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Oh for goodness sake Airfix, put the 1/72 TSR2 back into production!!!!  :banghead:

Far too many modellable aircraft here, especially the RCAF 'TGR2'. That would make a great pair with my CF-104 Tiger.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Talos

Thanks, PR! That's the highest praise a profiler can get.  ;D

PR19_Kit

My pleasure Talos, give credit where credit is due I always say.  :cheers:

The sad thing is I only have two unbuilt TSR2s in my preferred 1/72 scale, and I have NO intention of upscaling to 1/48. It would mess up the rest of my collection and I'd have to build larger shelves! :)

Your RCAF 'Tiger' is so inspiring I'm thinking of doing that with kit #2, after I've done #1 as XR222, which I actually sat in when it was at Cranfield! Wowee.... :)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Talos

Oh, that I can't wait to see!  :thumbsup:

Talos

I had this half-done for awhile now, finally finished it up. It's Tuck's XR229 model from this forum.

Talos

To celebrate the entry of the TSR-2 into Japanese service, the JASDF leased the Royal Air Force's XR223, one of the original TSR-2 test planes, and flew it for two seasons as a special part of the Blue Impulse's show with the Mitsubishi T-2s they flew.

nev

Old school Blue Impulse...... :wub:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Easy, friend..... you pwomised me you were doing your Vulcan in that scheme !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Talos

Thanks! I've been kinda stuck on which one to do next, but I'll do more.

Aircav

Falklands or Op Telic with nose art ?  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Talos

I don't have any graphics of RAF nose art from those eras, but if I did... *hint-hint*

I suppose I should knock up some RAF birds, though. I was trying not to first, since everyone and their mothers have done them. That's why you got the Royal Saudi Air Force!  ;D

GTX

Quote from: Talos on March 14, 2009, 07:58:57 AM
I don't have any graphics of RAF nose art from those eras, but if I did... *hint-hint*

I suppose I should knock up some RAF birds, though. I was trying not to first, since everyone and their mothers have done them. That's why you got the Royal Saudi Air Force!  ;D

Not sure if this helps.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Talos

Thanks, GTX. It does give me some ideas for later, but I already did this...  :lol:

I know the Telic Tornadoes were gray, but I wanted to do one up in Desert Pink. I'll do another one with different noseart in gray.

So, anyway, here's an Eagle GR1A repainted in Desert Pink for operations in Iraq for Operation Telic.

PR19_Kit

That sharkmouth looks positively EVIL on a TSR2!  :lol:

Regards
Kit

Talos

Yeah, it does. I was surprised how well that came out. Aircav sent me a scan of a Telic detail sheet and I spent a couple hours this morning cleaning up and working on a couple nose arts, the bomb markings, and the sharkmouth.