TSR-2 Profiles

Started by Talos, February 25, 2009, 06:03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Piero,

Strewth, that's good! Presumably the 1/48 Airfix kit?

The panel work and paint job are so darn good you tend to overlook the 'added extras' like the LERX and the RWR too. And is that a large cannon pack mounted in the bomb bay?

And that's SOME set of teeth!  :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

GTX

Whoa - what an entrance!!!  How about posting a separate build thread?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

NARSES2

What the gentlemen have said - tremendous stuff  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

gunfighter

errrrr... how´s that possible?   :o

lenny100

have you got a real aircraft down in the Cellar?
WOW
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Hey Piero.... nice to see you (and your model) here too  :cheers:

Ian
(from Britmodeller too)
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Talos

During Red Flag exercises with the United States Air Force, several Luftwaffe Eagles of JaboG  31 "Boelcke" were painted in an experimental desert camouflage scheme. It proved decently successful, but the paint was difficult to maintain and began peeling off after only a few flying hours. Eventually, it was settled on a low-vis gray scheme for desert theaters.

Talos

Here are two variations of the same markings on an overall-gray JASDF TSR-2. The first one is the original tail markings, taken from a WWII Hien, but I didn't like how it fit, so I adjusted the shape to fit the TSR's tail and also rearranged the stripe and lightning bolt on the fuselage.

lenny100

Personally i like the second one better it looks cleaner

Talos

So do I, lenny. That's why I went back and redid it to make the second version, because I wasn't satisfied with the first. I can't help but redo and redo constantly until I get what I like.

Talos

In the late 1970s, a Royal Air Force Eagle GR1 was performing a routine reconnaissance mission over Germany when it was shot down by a surface-to-air missile and crash landed in Kaliningrad, Russia, while the pilot attempted to ditch it into the North Sea. The plane landed nearly intact at Chernyakhovsk and the crew was taken into Soviet custody, only to be released nearly 18 months later in a diplomatic exchange. The wreckage was repaired and transported by train to Ramenskoye where TsAGI disassembled and copied in the aircraft just as had been done before to the B-29 Superfortress, to fill a light, fast nuclear strike and recon aircraft requirement. The aircraft, first dubbed "Ram-S" when discovered by the west, entered service as the Tupolev Tu-30P, the initial recon model. NATO assigned it the reporting name "Fletcher". Several hundred of the initial model were built with Tu-30U trainer (with stepped cockpits), Tu-30M (extensively upgraded airframe, engines, and avionics), and Tu-30PDM (penultimate recon version) increasing that number significantly. At the fall of the Soviet Union, they were still serving in the Soviet Air Force, as well as the Air Forces of most of their allies. The Soviet examples were distributed among all the former Soviet countries when the Air Force was divided. Due to the SALT-II treaty, however, all the nuclear strike Fletcher-A's were converted into Tu-30TP photo-recon craft or assigned to demilitarized roles such as this example, 07 Red, assigned as a chase plane for Roskosmos' operations at Baikonur Cosmodrome and named after Yuri Gagarin, the first human in space.

lenny100

now thats nice and a good back story as well

Talos

Thanks! I had a lot of fun with this one. It's what happens when I read Red Star's Tu-160 book cover-to-cover in one sitting. XD  :banghead:

Talos

Finally finished this request, which has been sitting half-done for awhile on my computer. I'm going to go back and redo the markings on the nose and make them closer to the original German. The anchor was drawn from scratch from really blurry sources, but I think it came out well.

Taiidantomcat

Thanks for taking the time, they are great profiles!  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.