Whiffers - your country needs you!

Started by puddingwrestler, February 25, 2009, 11:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

An idea:

Build anything which your home country darn well SHOULD be using, not what they are using. Maybe you simply want to put your country's markings on a plane they never opertated. Maybe you thing that your country should have a navy composed entirerly of catamarans, or that by 2009, your country must have a secret stash of flying saucers. Just build what you think yo0ur country should have.

Alternative: Whiffers, MY country needs you:

Build anything which someone else's fictional country would use. Such as a San Tortan fighter, a Republic of Texas Tank, or anything else from any of the other fictional countries in which we are so rich.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Zeke

Sounds interesting...pity I don't come from Russia really... :banghead: ;D
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

PR19_Kit

Quote from: puddingwrestler on February 25, 2009, 11:08:14 PM
Build anything which your home country darn well SHOULD be using, not what they are using.

We'll be buried in RAF TSR2s. :)

Not that we aren't already of course......
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Spey_Phantom

im thinking of Belgian F-4E and RF-4E's instead of Mirage 5BA/BD/BR's

although belgium operates A-109 as anti-tank helicopter, recent limitations to the airframes mean they can only use 4 TOW missiles instead of the 8 usually required. meanwhile the dutch had Bo105's and AH-64DN's.
i wanted belgium to have a "decent" battlefield support/anti tank/recce/medevac helicopters insead of our crappy A-109HA's, witch was one of the biggest blunders (and bribe scandal) in belgian military history.
while the F-16A/B was the "buy of the century, the A-109 was the misbuy of the century.

what i would have gaven the belgians were 24 Bell412's as medevac/transport helicopters and 10 anti-tank helicopters, preferably the light A-129 Mangusta-BE (BE: to Belgian requirements) or Tiger ARH's.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

The Rat

In my universe Canada had the Wolverine:

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

lancer

I'm thinking that this could be a popular GB.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

B777LR

Good idea, but...

I was born in the UK, grew up in Tanzania, and i currently live in Denmark. Does that mean i can make 3 countries? :wub: :wub: :wub: :party:

:cheers:

Look forwards to hoardes of RAF/RDAF Gripens and Rafales, French Nuclear Carriers, the extermination of the Danish Peoples Party, Greenland being put under full control of Copenhagen again, Tanzanian EF2000s.......

The Rat

Quote from: B787 on February 26, 2009, 06:15:59 AMGreenland being put under full control of Copenhagen again,...

You just want to wrest control of Hans Island away from us!

The opening salvo of the Canada/Denmark war has just been fired.  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

dy031101

Putting a radar nose and AMRAAMs onto Harrier GR.9 for my fictional military......

Or Rafale B for ROCAF......

Or the AVRO Arrow Mk.4 backing up the CF-18?  :thumbsup:
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

Fulcrum

I could take my fictional markings off my Mig-29MA & pick on CAF markings or use it & most of my other models to put it in an entirely fictional country(I still can't have a digital camera to show :banghead:)
Fulcrums Forever!!!
Master Assembler

PR19_Kit

Quote from: dy031101 on February 26, 2009, 08:50:02 AM
Putting a radar nose and AMRAAMs onto Harrier GR.9 for my fictional military......

Indeed, you could call it a Sea Harrier FA2............ (cynical grin)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

dy031101

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 26, 2009, 11:47:40 AM
Indeed, you could call it a Sea Harrier FA2............ (cynical grin)

But the 2nd Gen. Harrier can potentially carry more AA missiles and has production of parts lasting longer than the 1st Gen. Sea Harrier, no?
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

B777LR

Quote from: The Rat on February 26, 2009, 06:22:40 AM
Quote from: B787 on February 26, 2009, 06:15:59 AMGreenland being put under full control of Copenhagen again,...

You just want to wrest control of Hans Island away from us!

The opening salvo of the Canada/Denmark war has just been fired.  ;D

Oy, wrest it away? Nah, i'm about to build a RDAF airbase on it :thumbsup: So are some Danish politicians :thumbsup: ;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: dy031101 on February 26, 2009, 11:54:26 AM
But the 2nd Gen. Harrier can potentially carry more AA missiles and has production of parts lasting longer than the 1st Gen. Sea Harrier, no?

Probably so.

My reply was a cynical response to our more than stupid MoD who scrapped the only airborne defence capability our Navy had.  >:(

Regards
Kit