Main Menu
S

Pegasus II

Started by solidmodeler, February 27, 2009, 10:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

solidmodeler

Well Jeff, giant termite? I haven't resorted to carving with my teeth yet.
In this photo- tail feathers added...as far as color, I still picture military airlift gray, though it could be boring.

BlackOps

OK, maybe your not a termite but your definately a wizard with wood! I just can't get over how cool this looks!  :wub:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

solidmodeler

Thanks Jeff for the comments. The back end of this thing looks more and more like a whale to me, flopping it's great tail for propulsion (not so obvious in these photos). A base coat top color, needs a little cleaning up here and there...

Turning some little LG...

sotoolslinger

Good Gawd  ;D :o That is a very cool plane :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Brian da Basher

I really like the shape of this bird and the fact you carved it out of wood makes it even more remarkable!
:bow:
Brian da Basher

Rafael

Masterfully done, Dave!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

solidmodeler

Thanks Brian. Now the wings and tailplanes are making me think F-4 Phantom, both in angle and shape.

Rafa, I know it's "low-tech", but I hope to give wood a good name, make it more "socially acceptable" when in the same room with plastic-type materials. Plus, I don't know how to use that other stuff. :rolleyes:

Rafael

Quote from: solidmodeler on March 06, 2009, 10:34:29 AM
Thanks Brian. Now the wings and tailplanes are making me think F-4 Phantom, both in angle and shape.

Rafa, I know it's "low-tech", but I hope to give wood a good name, make it more "socially acceptable" when in the same room with plastic-type materials. Plus, I don't know how to use that other stuff. :rolleyes:

"Low-Tech" it may be, as might be hammering away at a block of marble with mallet and masonry nail. The results are exquisite.

Who, besides the artist, could have even guessed what a beautiful airplane lay hidden inside that chunk o´wood?.

As for "socially acceptable" alongside plastic stuff, remember that a good many of those plastic stuff masters started as wooden forms.

Wow, I aspire to reach your skill in my future woodworking projects :cheers: :cheers: :drink: :drink:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

philp

This thing is calling for a Killer Whale paint scheme.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Zeke

What an awesome little shape you've created, that is just beautiful.
:wub:
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

solidmodeler

A great thought, but I'm afraid if it might end up looking like an actual killer whale with wings. Hmmm, that gives me some ideas for other projects though.

The landing gear taking shape...

The nose gear looks a bit rough after the first coat of paint. A little sanding and repainting will smooth it out.

Ed S

Most impressive.  This is coming along nicely. 

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

solidmodeler

Still in the process of painting...I don't have any decals and will have to find something, maybe from a small scale kit.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland